Uniden UBC125XLT Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

onceasdestiny

Hi guys new into scanning i have a Uniden UBC125XLT but its a pain in the arse inputting the frequencies is there any software i can down load and then put aload of frequencies in the scanner

Thanks

Minus1

If you have a mac, you can use the free "Serial Tools" app in the mac app store, to send commands to the scanner. You have to understand the protocol to do so, but it's fairly straightforward.

Scan125

As the author of Scan125 I'm biased. However the program is free and has far more control over the scanner than scan channel data settings.

If you want to give Scan125 a go and experience my prompt and honest support then I'll be pleased to assist you.

Scan125 Control Program

Minus1

If you have a mac, you can use the free "Serial Tools" app in the mac app store, to send commands to the scanner. You have to understand the protocol to do so, but it's fairly straightforward.

Update: Since upgrading my mac to El Capitan it cannot see the scanner at all. Tried various apps, all show same problem.

Scan125

What hardware/system tools does OS X have? Can you see any USB hardware attached, especially the scanner?

Minus1

Using SerialTools, my BCD536HP shows as "usbmodemFD1311" and responds correctly.
My BCT15X shows as "usbserial" and also responds correctly.

Both also show in Terminal. The UBC125XLT doesn't show at all.

Scan125

Before you installed El Capitan did you install any driver for the UBC125XLT or did you just talk to it through a Terminal Control Program?

If you have tried using Scan125 then how exactly do you actually do this? e.g. do you boot Window 7 via Bootcamp, or using a VM, etc.

As I don't have MAC or any experience of using scanners on a mac, let alone my program then I'm very much limited on what aid/suggestions I can give.

If you installed a driver for Windows then there are TWO different drivers. The original BC125AT/UBC125XLT driver was very specific and in Windows the scanner would appear listed in Control Panel > Ports by its name.

There is a later Uniden Universal Serial driver and this one will just show as Uniden Serial Port (COMn).

If you are not using this later universal driver then you should try using it. Both drivers can be found here: BC125AT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Minus1

I didn't need to install any driver as I wasn't using it under Windows.
Under Mavericks the UBC125XLT simply showed as "usbmodemfa1341".
I did find someone who reported a similar problem under El Capitan with same device name, but his solution does not work for me.
Thanks for your suggestions, I shall keep looking for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.