Uniden UBC72XLT lock out problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlewing07

Hi, this is my first post and I hope I'm on the right part of the forum. I live in England.

I only receieved my 72 XLT a day or two ago and have run into a problem already! I can't get rid of the lock out feature which is showing for every channel in Bank's 1 - 10 (except for channels 1 - 3 in Bank 1, they I have manage to input a frequency in each of those.

The symbol for lock out is L/O and that is what is showing in the window. I have tried to get rid of it by the instructions in the book provided but it is still there. If I could get rid of that I could enter frequencies myself.

Of the 3 frequencies that I have managed to enter successfully in Bank 1 (the first 3), none are showing that symbol.

Has anyone had this problem and if they did, how did they overcome it?

Thanks in advance.

littlewing07

Hi OH1063, thanks for the tip and you are right, I have put a few more freqencies in via PGM and now I can change them around myself. It's proving to be a very good scanner, now that I'm getting somewhere with it.

Thanks very much.

PS, I was in Ohio a couple of weeks ago on a road trip. We stopped of in Cincinatti and of course had to nip up to the top of Carew Tower. I wish I'd had my scanner then!

MarkHinton

OHI063's right, just program a frequency in a channel, it should unlock it automatically.

Last edited:

littlewing07

Many thanks for the tip Mark, it does bear out what OH1063 told me. I've managed to get about 60 or so frequencies programmed into it now and that will be enough for my needs, I have now been able to enter frequencies manually with no problems now that I've had a heads up. Its strange that it isn't mentioned in the accompanying booklet and caused confusion for me right from go. I mostly want to hear what's going on in the air around my home airfileld and to listen and learn. I'm a pupil pilot.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.