uniden ubc785xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz2

Hi guys just dug out the above and having problems setting it up with frequencies and finding the correct steps only found 12.5 and 8.33 I don't want to go down the road of using a pc much prefer to do it manually, have looked for vids on youtube but no luck any help much appreciated, otherwise the bin

regards
Baz

baz2

i have the manual its a pity they didn't do a disc to go with it, manual just takes me from one page to another like a yo yo

Ubbe

It's only when you push the air search button that you switch between 8,33 and 12,5 for the air band search. It's an old school scanner with fixed channels numbers that are more easy to understand than the modern DMA scanners.

Push the MAN button and then 1 and MAN again to go to the first channel. Turn the VFO dial to step through the channels and see what are programmed to them. If only the frequency change and not the channel number when the VFO are turned, then change mode by pushing the VFO dial. If you have Ch1 selected, enter the frequency and hit E. Then MENU and select CHANNEL DATA and E. Scroll through the different options and edit them and go back one step at a time with MENU. Alpha tags are selected with the VFO dial and the position on the display change by the arrow up(hold) and down(limit) buttons.

There's 10 banks with a hundred channels in each. The different banks are toggled on and off while scanning by pushing the corresponding digit.
There's no trunking in UBC785 as the memory for that have been used to increase the channels to 1000 instead of 500 in the UBC780 that has analog trunking.

/Ubbe

baz2

many thanks for reply Ubbe, when I hit menu after putting frequency in I get 3 options1 search option 2 scan option and 3 system, option no CHANNEL DATA, with the one freq I have put in how do I enter other ones?
regards
Baz

Ubbe

I was thinking of the 780 when writing channel data, it is scan opion on the 785.
So follow the instruction I wrote but change "channel data" to "scan option".

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.