Uniden UBCD3600XLT Dmr search setup UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevtheskin

Morning All,

Hope everyone is good.
Just bought the Uniden UBCD3600XLT for my collection and havent got a clue how to set it up to search and decode Turbo/Dmr. Is the scanner capable of just searching and auto decoding? Or does it require to know TG TS etc. If so I think ill be sending it back for refund as I can do all that with Dsd+ and sdrplay. I was hoping for a simple mobile solution incar without laptop :(. Also can anyone tell me if it works out analogue trunking without calculating the Id like in trunkview which a pain .I purchased the basic Arc software but seems pretty useless. Please any info would be gratefully received.

Cheers Kev

G0IGU

Morning All,

Hope everyone is good.
Just bought the Uniden UBCD3600XLT for my collection and havent got a clue how to set it up to search and decode Turbo/Dmr. Is the scanner capable of just searching and auto decoding? Or does it require to know TG TS etc. If so I think ill be sending it back for refund as I can do all that with Dsd+ and sdrplay. I was hoping for a simple mobile solution incar without laptop :(. Also can anyone tell me if it works out analogue trunking without calculating the Id like in trunkview which a pain .I purchased the basic Arc software but seems pretty useless. Please any info would be gratefully received.

Cheers Kev
Hi Kev.
Just set up a conventional discovery search. 450-460 mhz for example. Set step to 6.25 mode to auto. Auto save to on. The 3600 will save any digital or analogue frequencies it finds. Including colour code slot number and tgid
Trunking is something I'm still trying to get to work. But there aren't many trunked networks where I am.
Hope this helps.
Gary

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Ubbe

If you enter a frequency or are searching it will autodecode and show all parameters, except encrypted DMR systems.

Analog Motorola systems needs you to figure out the base frequency and step size and what channel frequencies are used. I don't have any analog left here but I guess that the function "Trunking Discovery" will help you with that.

/Ubbe

G7HID

.....Also can anyone tell me if it works out analogue trunking without calculating the Id like in trunkview which a pain ......

I suspect you are in the UK Kev, if so the 3600 does not work with MPT1327 analogue trunking that is still being used in parts of the UK.. Sorry..

Mike

kevtheskin

How too

Hi Kev.
Just set up a conventional discovery search. 450-460 mhz for example. Set step to 6.25 mode to auto. Auto save to on. The 3600 will save any digital or analogue frequencies it finds. Including colour code slot number and tgid
Trunking is something I'm still trying to get to work. But there aren't many trunked networks where I am.
Hope this helps.
Gary

Thanks for reply. How do I set up a conventional discovery search. I had a search that landed on a local turbo site and it displayed nothing could only hear the turbo sound?

Cheers 73s Kev MM0KJG

G0IGU

Hit the menu button on the side of the radio. Scroll down to discovery. Select it and then select conventional discovery.
Select new session. Enter a name the low and high frequencies. Mode to auto step to 6.25 record length to 180. Auto store to on. Hold time to 10. Select start discovery. I normally listen to what's going on for a couple of passes through, that way I can lock out any constant carriers. Go away for a few hours and when you come back you can review the session
All found frequencies are listed with ctcss colour code etc with audio so you can listen to what it found.
They are all stored in a new favourite list named conventional discovery with all the info saved as well. You can save that into arc for editing etc.

kevtheskin

No turbo info

Hit the menu button on the side of the radio. Scroll down to discovery. Select it and then select conventional discovery.
Select new session. Enter a name the low and high frequencies. Mode to auto step to 6.25 record length to 180. Auto store to on. Hold time to 10. Select start discovery. I normally listen to what's going on for a couple of passes through, that way I can lock out any constant carriers. Go away for a few hours and when you come back you can review the session
All found frequencies are listed with ctcss colour code etc with audio so you can listen to what it found.
They are all stored in a new favourite list named conventional discovery with all the info saved as well. You can save that into arc for editing etc.

Hello Gary,
Thanks for the setup guide. It did what you said about searching but did not receive any info for the turbo channels that I can deccode with my Sdr play. Am i Still missing something?

Cheers Kev

G0IGU

Hello Gary,
Thanks for the setup guide. It did what you said about searching but did not receive any info for the turbo channels that I can deccode with my Sdr play. Am i Still missing something?

Cheers Kev
Are you hearing audio on sdr play? The 3600 does need a noise free signal to decode properly.
Some of the dmr frequency here don't seem to carry audio.
I have connected mine to an external antenna which obviously helps.

kevtheskin

Are you hearing audio on sdr play? The 3600 does need a noise free signal to decode properly.
Some of the dmr frequency here don't seem to carry audio.
I have connected mine to an external antenna which obviously helps.

Hello again . Yes im hearing loud and clear voice on Sdrplay 1 and dsd +

G0IGU

Some people have said they get better results on dmr if the mode is to nfm.
Not got other dmr here to compare the 3600 with.
Don't know what else to suggest I'm afraid

G7HID

The 3600 is able to decode DMR in plain vanilla Search mode without any other intervention on the users part, BUT the 3600 requires a strong DMR signal to work. Also it does not work too well on simplex DMR..

Mike

kevtheskin

Vanilla

The 3600 is able to decode DMR in plain vanilla Search mode without any other intervention on the users part, BUT the 3600 requires a strong DMR signal to work. Also it does not work too well on simplex DMR..

Mike

Hi Mike thanks for the info. Can you tell me how to program a simple search mode to rx the turbo. I tried a manual frequency entered for GB7EE which is strong and nothing. I also tried G0IGU suggestion about setting up a conventional discovery which found some frequencies but did not decode even though my sdrplay was with dsd+. Got loads of turbo in Edinburgh and would just like to go mobile with new toy. Also cant use trunk discovery it keeps saying Select System. No System Found Matching Your Entry

Cheers Kev MM0KJG

G7HID

Menu
Search For...
Edit Custom
Custom 0
Edit Search Limit
Set Lower Limit.....
Set Upper Limit.....
....Bottom Side Key
....Bottom Side Key
....Bottom Side Key
Select Custom 0

Mike

racingfan360

Some people have said they get better results on dmr if the mode is to nfm.

Assuming the 3600 behaves similarly to the BCD436HP, Id strongly suggest the following settings for DMR decoding:
Modulatio FM
100ms wait time
Manual Threshold set at 5 (or below - with ARC536PRO you can trick the threshold to be set at less than 5: Manual 1 or 2 seems best)

Without these settings you haven't much a chance of regularly decoding any Simplex DMR: as mentioned above, it'll be hit and miss. It should be good on DMR repeaters though.

kevtheskin

Menu
Search For...
Edit Custom
Custom 0
Edit Search Limit
Set Lower Limit.....
Set Upper Limit.....
....Bottom Side Key
....Bottom Side Key
....Bottom Side Key
Select Custom 0

Mike
Thanks Mike. I managed dont know how to manually enter a spot frequency 453.750 known trbo ch and I heard voice. It then stored somewhere in favourites and I haven't got a Scooby doo how to recall or scan the saved frequency. Thanks again Kev

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

kevtheskin

Assuming the 3600 behaves similarly to the BCD436HP, Id strongly suggest the following settings for DMR decoding:
Modulatio FM
100ms wait time
Manual Threshold set at 5 (or below - with ARC536PRO you can trick the threshold to be set at less than 5: Manual 1 or 2 seems best)

Without these settings you haven't much a chance of regularly decoding any Simplex DMR: as mentioned above, it'll be hit and miss. It should be good on DMR repeaters though.
Hello thanks for info. How do I add these settings? Cheers Kev

G7HID

Thats advanced settings, best left alone at the moment...
You are like a kid in a sweet shop - wants to taste everthing :)
Take it slowly, one step at a time..

Mike

kevtheskin

Thats advanced settings, best left alone at the moment...
You are like a kid in a sweet shop - wants to taste everthing :)
Take it slowly, one step at a time..

Mike

Hi Mike ,
Dont get to buy toys much my 2 munchkins and Xyl get all my cash Lol.
Do appreciate everyones time in answering my questions. Oh one more thing before I hit the hay what does Select System. No System Found Matching Your Entry when trying to use Trunk discovery mode?

Thanks again 73s
Kev MM0KJG

kevtheskin

Cheers. Are you using Dmr. Am on from 7.30 tg 9 slot 2 most mornings Gb7ee

Status
Not open for further replies.