Uniden Universal GPS Kit

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have written a guide for the new Uniden Universal GPS Receiver (BC-SGPS) for the Uniden scanners. This is not a Uniden guide but my own creation. It explaines the various parts and how to connect to the various scanners it supports.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• N9JIG_GPSKr.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,032

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This appears to be extremely helpful. I'm going to flag this and suggest the moderator folks consider making this a sticky in the Technical Support section, so it doesn't get buried and too hard to find later.

N9JIG

Sheriff
It will charge the battery in the SDS100 as well as power it up. In order to charge when on that feature has to be turned on in the Battery Settings on the radio.

On the 325 it will power the radio when on and charge when off.

dimsone503

Perfect! Its a great little unit aside from the cluster of cables it needs to operate. Luckily it all fits covered up in my arm rest center console. GPS seems to work while its in there as well.

KO4IPV

I have written a guide for the new Uniden Universal GPS Receiver (BC-SGPS) for the Uniden scanners. This is not a Uniden guide but my own creation. It explaines the various parts and how to connect to the various scanners it supports.

Enjoy!
Thankyou for that it confirms what I thought

pelican911

I noticed that the Patrolman I had a YouTube video out to make a DIY GPS kit, but I couldn’t find the correct cable — my question now: Is there such a DIY GPS video out there for the SDS200? I received mine a week ago, and except for not knowing how to add the connect tone so I can hear Chesterfield PD in VA- I love it!! My wife and I travel to see the grandson and travel to do paranormal investigations with our team quite often on the east coast — It would be great to have that GPS activated! The main reason I’m asking for a DIY link is all the sites I’ve gone to state “SOLD OUT”… Thank you in advance for any help! —Doc L., retired Paramedic/Firefighter

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber