Uniden Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
Since Upman has left us is there anyone working on anything new for Uniden or are we at a halt? Any future updates for the sds100-sds200?
Any new scanners in the works?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Since Upman has left us is there anyone working on anything new for Uniden or are we at a halt? Any future updates for the sds100-sds200?
Any new scanners in the works?
This question is continuously asked in the forums, and the answer has not ever changed...…..

As has always been the case..... Uniden are the only ones that know.... and they haven’t made any announcements.

And as always, any other answers from any source other than Uniden are nothing but speculation and rumors.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Agreeing with all. Uniden has always been tight-lipped on future intentions, stuff that may be in the works, etc. And when you add COVID-19 to the pot, it’s anybody’s guess as to when Uniden will say anything.

As for the SDS100 & 200, Uniden has touted Software Defined Radio (SDR) as a fix for simulcast issues AND left us with the expectation of future enhancements. However, with the exception of giving us filtering options (which I believe were already available for testing purposes only, in their in-house testing labs), I haven’t seen anything from them. And the filtering options were a hit or miss offering that only confused most at best. (There are those few who understand when to use them and when not to, but in my case, I haven’t seen any ability to improve reception. That is not to say I found discrepancies with these models, I don’t. They are playing nicely without the need for additional filtering in my case. But as I’ve stated previously, that’s just me, and your results may differ. A particular filter setting may work you me but not you so I can’t say there are any hard set rules on when to use a particular filter and recommend it to all. You have to try them an use or not use what works best for you. I guess filtering depends upon things such as your location, what you are trying to monitor... all the variables that go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.