Uniden Upgrades

blues222

I Have a 436hp, Im going to upgrade my unit with Dmr and Nxdn systems. is there anything I need to look out for? I have already registered my unit with Uniden.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Just read the directions and follow them precisely. There are two serial numbers, one on the back of the radio and an internal one that you display on the screen. They are similar but different. It's easy to make an mistake reading or entering them if you hurry. Pay attention, enter slowly and all should be fine. If you goof you just start over. Not hard at all.

n9lob

Premium Subscriber
Did you get the codes immediately or in a email?
Both. When you click on the purchase key button it will take about 5-10 seconds (that's why it says don't click more than once). The pop up screen will change to show you your key. By that time you should have two emails from uniden, one a purchase order number and the other your key. The key will also display on your 'my scanners' page whenever you log into your account. As imonitor posted, take your time inputting everything, including dashes, and it really is very easy.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yeah the only difficult part is to correctly enter the key for the upgrade you purchased. If you may a key stroke error, it tells you that you entered the wrong key. From there you try again until you get it. It does take several seconds to process things once you've entered the key, so be patient and don't assume a problem.

Just a couple of hours ago I upgraded a scanner with no issues.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yeah the only difficult part is to correctly enter the key for the upgrade you purchased. If you may a key stroke error, it tells you that you entered the wrong key. From there you try again until you get it. It does take several seconds to process things once you've entered the key, so be patient and don't assume a problem.

Just a couple of hours ago I upgraded a scanner with no issues.
One other tip-

Don't hit the enter key between entries of the key's elements. That's a common mistake that pops up here in the forums, with someone claiming that their key is invalid, when actually it was not filled in completely before the enter key was pressed . Once you have the complete key entered, including all of the letters & numbers, along with the dashes (-) between them, only then do you use the enter key.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
I did the DMR & Nxdn myself with no problems.
Just follow the instructions and if you mess up, it won't make your scanner a paperweight.
Randy