Uniden Vs. GRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I know on one of the other sub-forums someone has a trunked system programmed into BOTH a Uniden and a GRE and there is even a YouTube video comparing them both on the same system. Anyway, particularly in light of the most recent firmware upgrade on the Uniden BCD396/996XT is either the Uniden or the GRE hands down better on the Minnesota ARMER system right now? I realize that this can be pretty subjective and one person listening in one location may have better results with a GRE and another person in a different location may have better luck with a Uniden. Anyway, lets hear about any head to head comparisons between Uniden and GRE monitoring ARMER.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
for me the update made the uniden horrible. i downgraded now it is awesome. it does beat my friends pro 106 in my location

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Out of all my radios... I normally have a 396xt and a PSR-800 running side by side, and the 800 wins easily. (I've tried switching antennas and every other possibility)

The one quirky thing I've noticed is the 396 picks up S-TACs and P-TACs better.(I'm probably missing something simple, but the programming is the same, and I've tried playing with the settings, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.