Uniden wav files player and organizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

deim

Universal Scanner Audio Player developer
Hello everybody!!!

First of all. This is not official Uniden software, but created to work with uniden 436/536HP SDS100/200 scanners wav files.

My software can help you to:
Search wav files by different criteria(file name, scan mode, frequency, favotite name, system name, department name, channel name, TGID, UID).
Sort wav files by duration, frequency, tgid number etc.
Play one by one or play only selected file.
generate from filtered wav files list csv file.(if you want to work with filtered catalog in Excel)
generate from filtered wav files list m3u playlist.(if you want to listen filtered files in other player)
copy filtered files in other directory.(to put together files from different catalogs but with one frequency fo example)

How it works:
1.Press "Open directory" button to select directory with uniden wav files.
2.Press "Read files" button to read files. This proccess may take several minutes. Time depend from files quantity. Program works with little "magic". if you run program first time file reading process will be more longer then secondand subsequent programs run. This magic in PC caсhe. Second and subsequent launches read info from caсhe thats why it takes less time.

after step 2 you can sort, filter, listen your files.

How work filter:
You write expression in text boxes and press "Apply filter" button.
to reset filter press "Reset filter" button. search case insensitive.

Supported Scan modes:
Normal scan mode
Search mode
Search with scan mode
Close call
NOT Support wav files from "Discovery mode" because some info stored separetaly in log files.

If you find bugs, translate mistakes or you have idea to add some new features, please let me know.

This is beta version. tested on windows 10 with framewotk 4.6.1.

Firekite

Very nice! This is the kind of thing Uniden should’ve built into Sentinel in the first place. Since they didn’t, I’m glad we have people like you willing to pitch in and get the job done in their place.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Quick glance and it looks good.

Maybe add an option to delete, some right-click options s well - play, delete, tag.

I did not think to check, but can columns be hidden, moved or re-sized? Some I do not need.

I've used Media Monkey for years, but this is smaller and all I should need to do what I want.

Thanks

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Looks impressive at first blush - will have to try it next time I have some recordings to download.

Will it work with the (slightly different IIRC) HomePatrol format too?

phask

Premium Subscriber
BUGS
With SDS200 file
UID NAME is always blank
UID - if I've entered a UID name it shows that, if not entered it shows nothing (no uid number displays)

deim

Looks impressive at first blush - will have to try it next time I have some recordings to download.

Will it work with the (slightly different IIRC) HomePatrol format too?
This version works only with sds100/200 and 436hp/536hp versions.
Can you send me some HomePatrol wav files. I want see structure of this files. Maybe i can add support HomePatrol scanners in next version

Jay911

Feed Provider
Your program is quarantined by Malwarebytes consistently with their generic "MachineLearning 100%" threat tag. Any thoughts as to why they are doing that?

I have confirmed that HomePatrol files are not recognized. I'll be sending you a few samples shortly. Works great on my 536 files.

deim

Your program is quarantined by Malwarebytes consistently with their generic "MachineLearning 100%" threat tag. Any thoughts as to why they are doing that?

I have confirmed that HomePatrol files are not recognized. I'll be sending you a few samples shortly. Works great on my 536 files.

No i don`t know why my program is quarantined by Malwarebytes.

Thanks for feedback! I will wait your files.

deim

Hi there!

Guys, have somebody x36HP or sds100/200 wav files with enabled GPS?
I am very curious if the scanner adds GPS data information to the WAV file or not.

Firekite

I use GPS with my 436, and I can take some recordings the next time I’m out and about and send them your way. I can even remove a permanent avoid I have in place for a particular spot that always produces an ugly Close Call alert so we can cover that, too.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I have some from my 536. I also picked up a few of the conventional signals with the odd DMR mode channel/system info (if you aren't familiar with that, if you leave the channel label the same as the frequency, i.e. the default, DMR comms will display channel labels such as Nt 0: S 0: TG 565: U 1. (talkgroup 565, user 1, no network ID, no site)).

I'll send them later today.

deim

I use GPS with my 436, and I can take some recordings the next time I’m out and about and send them your way. I can even remove a permanent avoid I have in place for a particular spot that always produces an ugly Close Call alert so we can cover that, too.
Yeah, it was wonderful if you sent it to me!

deim

I have some from my 536. I also picked up a few of the conventional signals with the odd DMR mode channel/system info (if you aren't familiar with that, if you leave the channel label the same as the frequency, i.e. the default, DMR comms will display channel labels such as Nt 0: S 0: TG 565: U 1. (talkgroup 565, user 1, no network ID, no site)).
I'll send them later today.

Hi! Thanks for files.
You are right. in my hometown no this kind of dmr signals.

this is looks like DMR Tier III.
why in your favorite list this channels saved as conventional system? Is this correct?
Can you change it to Dmr One Frequency system and save some new wav files?

Jay911

Feed Provider
I have other channels which, if they ever get any hits, will save as DMR One Frequency. This one is set up this way to discover talkgroups on that frequency. It's a "hidden feature" Uniden added to DMR/NXDN.

As I get different/unusual recordings I will send them your way. Any idea if the GPS locations are saved?

deim

I have other channels which, if they ever get any hits, will save as DMR One Frequency. This one is set up this way to discover talkgroups on that frequency. It's a "hidden feature" Uniden added to DMR/NXDN.

As I get different/unusual recordings I will send them your way. Any idea if the GPS locations are saved?
Gps location is saved in file. I confirm this.
In next version i will add this column and add column hide function.

Status
Not open for further replies.