Uniden wav files player and organizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
@deim It seems your program is flagged by Malwarebytes with "MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%" and it quarantines the file. I'm sure this is just it being cautious since it hasn't seen this program before. Just a heads up...

I've seen that with both earlier versions of deim's software and other programs. IIRC it has to do with the way the program is packed/runs. IMO it's MWB being a little too over-cautious (actually I think it was Windows itself that quarantined deim's program for me). There are plenty of legitimate programs that evidently fall into this category. I had to whitelist "UnidenWavPlayer.exe" and then make sure to rename the updated executable (removing the version number etc from the filename) every time I updated the software.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@deim It seems your program is flagged by Malwarebytes with "MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%" and it quarantines the file. I'm sure this is just it being cautious since it hasn't seen this program before. Just a heads up...

AVG does not flag it, and hasn't since the earliest version.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Avast and Microsoft both flag for me, but they seem to do anything that they have not verified xx many times. Even does Proscan sometimes.

robbiet480

SDS100, Bearcatter co-author
@deim It seems you have decoded at least part of the UNID RIFF header (since you are getting lat/long, TGID and other fields that aren't in the published documents). Would you mind sharing any code or specs you have on it?

deim

Universal Scanner Audio Player developer
@deim It seems you have decoded at least part of the UNID RIFF header (since you are getting lat/long, TGID and other fields that aren't in the published documents). Would you mind sharing any code or specs you have on it?
Hi! I haven't got any specs for Uniden scanners. Only reverse engineering)))) What are you working on? Which programming language?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What is the latest version number and what has changed with it?

Newest version is 2.0.10
  1. Added check box with NAC settings (now you can select Hex or Dec display. Important! Default mode is hex. If you want to change it, you must uncheck checkbox before files loading).
  2. Fixed NAC reading for Uniden and Whistler scanners.
  3. Fixed sort in Uid Column. Now it sort like a digits not as string.
And if you press button "Restore Defaults" config file will be removed and you can castomise all settings anew.
Unfortunately in Tgid column still sort like a strings, because in HomePatrol scanners in private call mode scanner write info about 2 tgids and this data can't convert to integer data type.

Link: Release.zip

Kaleier1

One thing I would like to see is when you are playing all files and the blue cursor bar moves down to the last row on the page, I would like to see the entire next page shift up with the blue cursor at the top. In other words, once the cursor gets down to the bottom of the page, instead of scrolling up one row at a time, scroll up an entire page. I am constantly having to move the next page up to view upcoming transmissions. Why display 27 or so rows of transmissions when 26 of them are transmissions have already been played?

robbiet480

Hi! I haven't got any specs for Uniden scanners. Only reverse engineering)))) What are you working on? Which programming language?

Thanks for getting back to me. I've gone ahead and built my own parser, written in Go, that fully decodes a WAV file, including all Uniden private fields. It's now available here (and tomorrow will be merged into Bearcatter). The library is fully tested and works very well against the corpus of 900 or so audio files that I and others have collected but I'm sure there are still places that it fails currently. The code isn't super well commented but I do think it's quite easy to read and understand. Let me know if you have questions and I can try to answer them as much as possible. I've attached a image of what the output looks like as JSON. Everything in the Public object comes from the publicly documented chunk of the RIFF header. Everything in the Private object was reverse engineered. Maybe when I have some free time I will make a CLI app to output a CSV given a directory.

Thanks also goes to @gariac and @theaton for their previous work on documenting the private part of the WAV file.

deim

Thanks for getting back to me. I've gone ahead and built my own parser, written in Go, that fully decodes a WAV file, including all Uniden private fields. It's now available here (and tomorrow will be merged into Bearcatter). The library is fully tested and works very well against the corpus of 900 or so audio files that I and others have collected but I'm sure there are still places that it fails currently. The code isn't super well commented but I do think it's quite easy to read and understand. Let me know if you have questions and I can try to answer them as much as possible. I've attached a image of what the output looks like as JSON. Everything in the Public object comes from the publicly documented chunk of the RIFF header. Everything in the Private object was reverse engineered. Maybe when I have some free time I will make a CLI app to output a CSV given a directory.

Thanks also goes to @gariac and @theaton for their previous work on documenting the private part of the WAV file.

View attachment 87051
Interesting project. i have on my PC more than 500k files for testing my app. if you send compiled exe i'll try to test your code on my files.

robbiet480

Interesting project. i have on my PC more than 500k files for testing my app. if you send compiled exe i'll try to test your code on my files.

I’m happy to put together an executable tomorrow for you to try with (it’s 0200 here o_O right now otherwise I would!). In the mean time, is there any way you can share your data set? Will be useful to me long term. I can provide a S3 bucket for you to upload to if that works?

deim

I’m happy to put together an executable tomorrow for you to try with (it’s 0200 here o_O right now otherwise I would!). In the mean time, is there any way you can share your data set? Will be useful to me long term. I can provide a S3 bucket for you to upload to if that works?
you interest only sds100 / 200 files or also 436/536?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS100 scanner and did some searches with the scanner and have noticed that the Uniden scanner is showing site,TGID,UID information but Uniden Wave Player v2.0.9 beta is Not showing this information in the program can someone tell me how to get the program to show this information
Thanks for any help.
Steve

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS100 scanner and did some searches with the scanner and have noticed that the Uniden scanner is showing site,TGID,UID information but Uniden Wave Player v2.0.9 beta is Not showing this information in the program can someone tell me how to get the program to show this information
Thanks for any help.
Steve
Look at the post right before yours. That's the only available options.

If that does not help, contact the author @deim
The latest version is 2.0.10 as well but not sure it that will fix anything. Release.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.