HomePatrol-2
BCT15X
BCD996P2
BCD325P2

In Stock:
========
BCD536Hp
BC365CRS (Clock Radio)

Clearing old Stock - new model(s) coming ?(Lol) Who knows what they are up to??

Just think its funny they only have 2 of 12 models in stock.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thought it was Interesting that Uniden Website

Sold out of:
========
BC355N
BC125AT
SDS200
BCD436Hp
BR30C
SDS100
HomePatrol-2
BCT15X
BCD996P2
BCD325P2

In Stock:
========
BCD536Hp
BC365CRS (Clock Radio)

Clearing old Stock - new model(s) coming ?(Lol) Who knows what they are up to??

Just think its funny they only have 2 of 12 models in stock.
That's not really that unusual. In one of the "sold out" SDS100 threads, someone commented that Uniden had been contacted, since most all dealers were out. The response was that, due to the pandemic, there have been disruptions in the supply chain. The scanners are built in Vietnam, but many of the components are sourced from China. Plus, once a scanner is completed, it is usually sent, via a container on a ship, to the US. Once the shipment is unloaded from the ship, then there is usually a Customs inspection before the products are sent to Uniden, then re-directed to distributors and dealers. Also, the west coast ports, where these shipments come in, have not been operating at full capacity. Uniden also sends products to the dealers and distributors first, so if there is a hiccup along the way, the dealers get first call on product before Uniden sets aside units for it's own online storefront.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I know I have had a heck of a time with deliveries to my home and have to get refunds for some of the parcels because they never arrived from China. All deliveries are very slow now.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I know I have had a heck of a time with deliveries to my home and have to get refunds for some of the parcels because they never arrived from China. All deliveries are very slow now.

I did check Scanner Master last night out of curiosity and they seem to have the SDS 200 in stock and SDS100 not in stock. I agree that the supply chain is servery disrupted due to COVID-19. For my Canadian friends, RadioWorld Toronto is showing both the SDS 100 and 200 out of stock, and on order.

Saint, I feel your pain. I ordered a few MotoTRBO accessories off of eBay and its been almost two weeks to get from Cali to here. The average amount of time that a parcel usually takes to get from USA to Canada and vice versa is about 5 business days according to Canada Post. They are experiencing holiday like traffic thru the mail system. Now a days, its taking at least 14+ days to at least make it to the destination country.

The other delay is apparently Canada Post is lacking a major amount of drivers/couriers and other staff because they don't want to work fearing they will be exposed to COVID-19. This is understandable, but isn't mail delivery an existential service? Not trying to derail the thread, just my two cents.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The BCD325P2 is showing in-stock at this time. I'm sure with COVID & all the riots going on scanners became a hot commodity over night and sold out quickly!

garys

Premium Subscriber
The entire supply chain is still recovering from the pandemic panic. I expect that will self correct over the course of the summer. Right now, most retail operations are ordering their Christmas and winter items and many are worried that they won't arrive in time.

Lead times can be long.

Hfcomms

Not only that but with all the civil disturbances lately I imagine that sales are picking up at the same time and people are coming to the realization that it might not be a bad idea to have a 'heads up' with potential trouble lurking.

Status
Not open for further replies.