uniden346xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjlamb

i just got this scanner and can't program it can any one please help me or should i get rid of it thanks

Take a look at the RR database and let us know what towns / cities and services interest you and we can put together a file that you can load into the scanner to get you started:
Hartford County, Connecticut (CT) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

As previously mentioned; download and install FreeScan ( ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN! ) on your computer and then get your scanner hooked up to the PC if you have not already done so. You will need this software to load the data file into your radio. The process here will put you on the "fast track" to learning and understanding the 346XT and is, by far, the fastest and esiest way to get up and running.

Going forward.... as Torontokris has mentioned.... you should subscribe to the RR Database for future programming needs. Doing so will make life with your new DMA scanner infinitely easier.

Last edited:

sjlamb

Hartford, CT-FreeScan File Attached

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here ya go..... Download the attached zip file and open it.

(1) Create a new folder on your PC and call it something like "FreeScanFiles".

(2) Save the file named "Hartford-CT.996" in the new folder you created.

(3) Download and install the FreeScan software onto your PC: http://scannow.org/

(4) Once installed; open the FreeScan Program and click on "File". From the drop-down menu, click on "Open" and open "Hartford-CT.996".

(5) Once your scanner has been connected to your PC, click on the FreeScan tab "Scanner" and select "Upload".

(6) From the pop-up box, click on "Check All"

(7) On the right side of the box, select "ERASE ALL SYSTEMS". Place a check mark in the boxes for "Send Custom Radio Settings", "Send System Quick" and "Automatically Resume"

(8) Click on button marked "LOAD". Radio will begin scanning automatically after file upload completes (about 1 minute) = good time to refresh your cocktail

(9) Break out the Scotch, kick back and start listening.

(10) Kiss the wife good-bye. She won't be hearing from you for about a year or so.... :D

Attachments

• HartfordCounty-CT.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

hllight

I just purchased this unit for my wife and will follow all your suggestions after she opens it tomorrow morning. MERRY XMAS everyone

Buster, KB3MY

Status
Not open for further replies.