Uniden996p2 programing problem with proscan

cDot237

Premium Subscriber
I used proscan to add 5 conventional channels to the scanner. Uploaded and they work fine. All other systems seem to be working as well except for main county p25 system. it worked fine before I reprogrammed. As far as I know I did not adjust it at all. It still shows up on display by name on the scanner as being scanned and in programing. However scanner is not stopping on any of these channels of the p25 and I know they are active as I have them in an older scanner. I have tried restoring the original working programing that i had saved to a file. No difference. I tried just programing in the p25 system to see what would happen. It is not working that way either. Anybody have any ideas on what I should check .

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. Are you getting any bars of signal & data link? Did you program quick keys for system, site(s) and/or group(s) & if so are they turned on? If you checked this & issues persist please provide the RR database link to the P25 system you're having trouble bringing in so we can get eyes on the database to get a clearer picture and identify potential issues.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I used proscan to add 5 conventional channels to the scanner. Uploaded and they work fine. All other systems seem to be working as well except for main county p25 system. it worked fine before I reprogrammed. As far as I know I did not adjust it at all. It still shows up on display by name on the scanner as being scanned and in programing. However scanner is not stopping on any of these channels of the p25 and I know they are active as I have them in an older scanner. I have tried restoring the original working programing that i had saved to a file. No difference. I tried just programing in the p25 system to see what would happen. It is not working that way either. Anybody have any ideas on what I should check .
Can you post the database file here so we can take a look at it.

Steps to do that:
1. Download from the scanner to ProScan
2. Go to the Database menu then click Save
3. Using the Win File Explorer, navigate to the folder containing the ProScan database file then look for the file then right click on 'Compress to ZIP file'
4. Drag & Drop the zip file here

Last edited:

cDot237

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. Are you getting any bars of signal & data link? Did you program quick keys for system, site(s) and/or group(s) & if so are they turned on? If you checked this & issues persist please provide the RR database link to the P25 system you're having trouble bringing in so we can get eyes on the database to get a clearer picture and identify potential issues.
Thanks for the replies. Today before I did anything else I tried restoring to the original programing by using a second copy of the original programing I had saved. That worked and everything is working normally now. I added the extra channels I had added and they work fine now as well. Maybe the first file was corrupt I'm not sure but everything works great now. Thanks for being willing to help.

cDot237

Premium Subscriber
Can you post the database file here so we can take a look at it.

Steps to do that:
1. Download from the scanner to ProScan
2. Go to the Database menu then click Save
3. Using the Win File Explorer, navigate to the folder containing the ProScan database file then look for the file then right click on 'Compress to ZIP file'
4. Drag & Drop the zip file here
Thanks for the replies. Today before I did anything else I tried restoring to the original programing by using a second copy of the original programing I had saved. That worked and everything is working normally now. I added the extra channels I had added and they work fine now as well. Maybe the first file was corrupt I'm not sure but everything works great now. Thanks for being
willing to help.

cDot237

Premium Subscriber
Newbie question. I am scanning a p25 trunked system with a uniden bcd 996p2 scanner

. I have the talkgroups programmed and all was working fine. The agency made some changes in talkgroups recently. How do I search for the new active talkgroup IDs . I can monitor the system in another scanner and hear the radio traffic when programmed as a conventional channels so I know they are still on those frequencies just with new talkgroup IDs . I have proscan but not sure how to search for the IDs Thanks for any info. I like the proscan software, I have a paid copy and downloaded the version today .

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Newbie question. I am scanning a p25 trunked system with a uniden bcd 996p2 scanner

. I have the talkgroups programmed and all was working fine. The agency made some changes in talkgroups recently. How do I search for the new active talkgroup IDs . I can monitor the system in another scanner and hear the radio traffic when programmed as a conventional channels so I know they are still on those frequencies just with new talkgroup IDs . I have proscan but not sure how to search for the IDs Thanks for any info. I like the proscan software, I have a paid copy and downloaded the version today .
At the system level, change ID Scan to ID Search. If doing it in ProScan then upload afterward. If doing it at the scanner front panel then you want to download afterward so everything will be In sync.

In the History Log, If the TGID entry is missing the channel name, that indicates a new TGID that hasn't been programmed yet.

cDot237

Premium Subscriber
At the system level, change ID Scan to ID Search. If doing it in ProScan then upload afterward. If doing it at the scanner front panel then you want to download afterward so everything will be In sync.

In the History Log, If the TGID entry is missing the channel name, that indicates a new TGID that hasn't been programmed yet.
Thanks for reply. I will do it