Uniden's "Blue Screen Of Death"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

I just got a used 396T which I think is a great radio, however, the blue display really sucks. Couldn't tell much from the pictures and some said they like it. I am extremely near-sighted, Coke bottle bottoms for lenses, and have severe astigmatism. I can barely make out the writing on the display from 3 feet away. This is bad since I am considering selling this fine radio because of the display. Anyone else out there feel the same way? I wish it had the display color of my 246T.

Dewey

Just a thought, but have you tried adjusting the contrast to see if that helps you?

Oldglide

Yeah and it doesn't help. Little contrast, can't see anything, too much contrast, just a lot of black junk with a blue background.

hfxChris

Database Admin
I also have a 396T ,there is an option if you have not figured it out yet to change the colour of the screen .Numerous colours and contrast options.

Jimm

That would be the BCD396XT - the older BCD396T did not have different backlight colours.

That said, this is exactly what kept me from buying a BCD396T when they were out... I can't stand blue LEDs. They're very difficult to focus on, and for some damned reason blue seems to be the "in" colour for a lot of different manufacturers. I had to return a router because the manufacturer put bright blue status lights on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.