Unidentified Federal Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

Frequency is 172.4500 MHz R (PL 167.9 Hz). I'm guessing this is an FBI repeater because of the PL tone. I'm not sure if this was coming from NYC due to all of the tropo I was getting from other areas as well. I also heard 167.3875 MHz R (PL 167.9 Hz), which is a confirmed NYC FBI repeater, at the same signal strength. Does anyone know what agency uses this repeater and where it is located? Thanks.

10-95

Joseph11 said:
Frequency is 172.4500 MHz R (PL 167.9 Hz). I'm guessing this is an FBI repeater because of the PL tone. I'm not sure if this was coming from NYC due to all of the tropo I was getting from other areas as well. I also heard 167.3875 MHz R (PL 167.9 Hz), which is a confirmed NYC FBI repeater, at the same signal strength. Does anyone know what agency uses this repeater and where it is located? Thanks.

Just FYI Joseph , The National Park Service has been known to use that 172.4500 and PL167.9 in some parts of the U.S. That does not mean what you are hearing is not the FBI, I just wanted to provide some info you could use while listening to traffic on the frequency,it might help you determine who it is, it might be the park service.

Frank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.