Unidentified Freq in Middlesex county

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody from southern Middlesex county know what the heck 154.31 PL 100.0 is? I heard it in cranbury the other day, and it came in very strong. Unit/dispatcher was saying something about "Go to county" almost like he was saying to switch to another channel. It sounded like emergency services though. It's not listed in the DB for Middlesex, Monmouth or Mercer counties. Any ideas?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
policefreak said:
Does anybody from southern Middlesex county know what the heck 154.31 PL 100.0 is? I heard it in cranbury the other day, and it came in very strong. Unit/dispatcher was saying something about "Go to county" almost like he was saying to switch to another channel. It sounded like emergency services though. It's not listed in the DB for Middlesex, Monmouth or Mercer counties. Any ideas?

Disregard, I found it, under Somerset county. Wow! Killer signal!

Analogrules

You're most likely hearing the Bridgewater FD. According to my notes, I've heard them on 154.310. From my location, I've also heard Chatham FD and W. Orange FD on that frequency. I assume they still use that frequency. Also, on 154.325, I've heard the New Brunswick FD.

Analogrules

Bridgewater is located IN Somerset County. The Bridgewater Fire Commission (WPLQ928) is licensed on 154.310 according to the FCC database along with separate licenses in other towns located in Somerset County. It seems like the RR database coordinator tried to save time and just titled this frequency to be South County FD dispatch, rather than listing the individual towns that actually are licensed to 154.310. I think this is why there's some confusion. THe following link shows all the towns OFFICIALLY licensed to 154.310 in the state of NJ for all those interested, especially for those new to the hobby.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Uls...=licSearcKey2008211160765&curPage=6&reqPage=1

wnjl

Likewise...Bridgewater PD at 154.115 PL 192.8 is a monster. I can easily get it here in Florence Twp. Burlington County with a handheld scanner/factory rubber-duck. As someone else said, likely all about transmitting at a higher elevation up that way.

robbinsj2

N2ZGE said:
...It seems like the RR database coordinator tried to save time and just titled this frequency to be South County FD dispatch, rather than listing the individual towns that actually are licensed to 154.310. I think this is why there's some confusion.
You seem to be the only one confused. The answer to the question is and was found in the database; the database is accurate. 154.3100/100.0 is used by Somerset County Fire for South County Dispatch. It isn't used by any towns (with one or two tiny exceptions, for paging only, that barely warrant mention). It is used by the county to dispatch companies in the south area of the county, and by those companies (who may be operating under their own license or the county's) to talk with dispatch or each-other or internally. Further, this channel will soon be scaled back to just about paging-only as companies and squads switch over to the TRS, and regular use will cease altogether when those agencies move their paging over to UHF.

Bridgewater is not in the southern part of the county. Bridgewater and its fire companies do not routinely use 154.3100/100.0. Your guess was wrong.

As for 154.115, I remember having to resort to scanning West Windsor's repeater input before the days of PL scanners since Bridgewater dominated the output on 154.115. Even with PL, you would have trouble if Bridgewater keyed up at the same time and you weren't very close to West Windsor. (West Windsor since changed frequencies.)

Jim

Last edited:

Analogrules

You can say whatever you want, there is NO OFFICIAL FCC license for 154.310 for "South County Dispatch" in Somerset County. If you don't believe me, search for yourself. Now, I'm not saying it's not "used in that fashion", but it's definitely not licensed that way. It looks like you're more confused than I am Jim considering you can't even read the FCC database properly. I suggest you learn that first before putting people down on the message boards. Will no longer respond to rude comments regarding this.

robbinsj2

N2ZGE said:
You can say whatever you want, there is NO OFFICIAL FCC license for 154.310 for "South County Dispatch" in Somerset County. If you don't believe me, search for yourself. Now, I'm not saying it's not "used in that fashion", but it's definitely not licensed that way.
Why do you keep dragging licenses into this? The answer to the question in in the database right here, and was mentioned well before you even posted. A frequency does not have have to be licensed by a user, any user and regardless of use, for it to be a real, confirmed channel.

N2ZGE said:
It looks like you're more confused than I am Jim considering you can't even read the FCC database properly. I suggest you learn that first before putting people down on the message boards.
I'm the one who can't read the database properly and yet you're the one who missed KRW393? I'm more confused yet I am the one who clearly remembers when some of those south county departments reached the dispatcher by calling 767? Am I the one who completely neglected to search the Radioreference.com database, which was already referenced as having the answer?

Okay, I admit, I did not search either database because until last week I used 154.310/100.0 to reach Somerset County on at least a weekly basis. When I cruised through the Somerset County page just now I did notice that the callsign associated with South County Dispatch is incorrect. Scott, assuming you're reading this, can you correct that to KRW393 or KEJ767 for N2ZGE's benefit? 393 might be better lest others get thrown by Franklin being the 767 licensee.

To be very clear, the South County Dispatch channel does not use WPLQ928 for authorization. Bridgewater uses WPLQ928 themselves, at carrier squelch.

N2ZGE said:
I suggest you learn that first before putting people down on the message boards. Will no longer respond to rude comments regarding this.
If you really believe that then I would ask you to click the button to report my post to the moderators. They have very strict policies about rudeness and will review the thread and take action as necessary. You may even remember the regular moderator (and he you) from last summer.

Jim

jaymatt1978

Jim
I suggest you do what many of us have done, just ignore him before he calls for your banishment from the Radioreference message boards. He's a bully that plays the victim and the more people who read his stupid posts, the more they are turned off. He goes around picking fights and when people defend themselves he calls the bullies. When in fact he's a bully and a crybaby rolled into- one. He uses those pathetic stupi d thumbs down to try to get attention when the truth of the matter is they just cringe. Now let's hope a moderator locks this posts, like they do with almosst every other one of the threads his posts!

ansky

I can pick up 154.31 all the way in Jersey City with a handheld scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.