Unidentified Frequencies - possible Vermont?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I took a day trip on 4/22/14 to Lake George. While there, I brought my BCD396XT receiver and A/S MON-31 mobile antenna and did some searching around. I came across several frequencies I haven't been able to identify. There are a couple that I believe may be Vermont based, so I wanted to share them to see if anyone could assist in identifying these frequencies. Any info would be great...

159.165 DCS 134 - repeater output - the conversation didn't include unit numbers, however, they were using terminology similar to VAOT units. A license search shows a repeater on Mt. Philo in Charlotte for this channel, so I was wondering if District 5 uses this frequency now, or is this a special use channel?

155.310 CTCSS 203.5 - simplex, truck to truck - these were highway department vehicles talking back and forth. No locations or unit numbers given. There is a highway department in Saratoga County NY that uses 155.310 however I have them logged in using a DCS code. A license search shows the Town of Danby in Rutland County has recently obtained a license on this channel; wasn't sure if anyone in the group from that area could confirm this was them.

Again, thanks for any and all assistance!

Kevin

mfdbenji

Premium Subscriber
I believe the 159.165 frequency is for District 3 (Rutland/Southern Addison). Used as a secondary frequency to the transmitter on Killington.

I live in the area so I will plug it in and see if that is it for sure. I might be able to pick up the other frequency if it is indeed Danby town highway. I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.