Unidentified Ottawa Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmoc_guy

Premium Subscriber
When doing a sweep of the 400's in Ottawa, I came across 423.38500. I am not too sure what it is but I've been able to figure out that it is a taxi company. Does anyone have any idea as to which cab company it is?

DaveH

When doing a sweep of the 400's in Ottawa, I came across 423.38500. I am not too sure what it is but I've been able to figure out that it is a taxi company. Does anyone have any idea as to which cab company it is?

Looks like you need to fix the step size in that range, change from 5Khz to 12.5kHz. If you don't
get exact frequency and search TAFL only on that one, it will come up empty. That's one reason
I do a search over a small range around the target, which often turns up interesting (and
otherwise unknown) frequency use. The frequency 423.3875 is listed in the database under
Business/TransportationServices.

Taxis in Ottawa have been moving into digital dispatch for decades, and there is little
voice left, mostly on the Quebec side. For a taste of the digital, try listening to 166.110,
166.350, 166.470 and a host of other VHF channels in the 162-170MHz range that
sound like them. Is it worth adding to the database...don't know.

Dave

Last edited:

Jammin_Jay

Westway taxi 167.935 is still analog. I have heard them back in november, in bells corners area, but not sure if they still use it. I could only hear the dispatch, the cars would come in and out, depending how close u were. You could probably do a close call when you get around taxi, see if u have any luck

va3bnr

Taxi Frequency

You also have Blue Line taxi in ottawa they still used 167.130 dispatch and 171.270 for cars
Hawkesbury Taxi 172.275

Status
Not open for further replies.