Unidentified Radio Use in East Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
Someone around Blount County is using frequency 461.100 they are using it on/with buses but not sure what company they do radio checks in the mornings around 6:30 and sometimes are out driving around and using the radios around 10:00 PM (22:00). I've did a state search on this frequency and couldn't find anything that would match using buses and any identified frequencies near Blount County. When they give locations sometimes they are on Lamar Alexander Parky. Maryville TN and around Alcoa. Does anyone know who these people are or who they are with?

ipfd320

Banned
I Came Across This in the FCC Search--Not Sure if its Near You Just Givin it a Shot

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQMC796 - BRADLEY, COUNTY OF (SCHOOL DISTRICT)

BRADLEY, COUNTY OF (SCHOOL DISTRICT)
1555 GUTHRIE DR.
CLEVELAND, TN 37311

90.35a - APPLICANT IS A PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT. RADIOS WILL BE USED TO COORDINATE COMMUNICATIONS ESSENTIAL TO SCHOOL DISTRICT OPERATIONS INCLUDING BUS TRANSPORTATION, SECURITY, MAINTENANCE AND DAILY BUSINESS OPERATIONS. DISTRICT HAS 10000 STUDENTS AND 50 BUSES.

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPJM905 Only one other than a farmer in TN close to your area.. Could be out of VA? Is this conventional? Tone in use? Times are right for schools, early when they start rolling out to get kids, and 2200 would be end of sports events etc....

That frequency is not used with Lenoir City Schools and never has been I have no idea how it got on their but all Lenoir City School radio frequencies that are correct/used is what I submitted and what is on the Loudon County TN section under Lenoir City; 461.100 is not with Lenoir City Schools, and this is being used in Maryville, Alcoa and Sevier County TN sometimes also used on weekdays and weekends as well sometimes used up to about 02:00 in the morning. I can recieve loud and clear on their transmissions so I know it’s not in VA also with the road names they give is in Blount County. At around 20:00 one woman (I will call A) asked another woman (I will call Z) if they were on their bus and “Z” said yes and “A” asked “Z” what her 20 was and “Z” said she was on the way to the Alcoa Walmart (Which is in Blount County TN)

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
I Came Across This in the FCC Search--Not Sure if its Near You Just Givin it a Shot

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQMC796 - BRADLEY, COUNTY OF (SCHOOL DISTRICT)

BRADLEY, COUNTY OF (SCHOOL DISTRICT)
1555 GUTHRIE DR.
CLEVELAND, TN 37311

90.35a - APPLICANT IS A PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT. RADIOS WILL BE USED TO COORDINATE COMMUNICATIONS ESSENTIAL TO SCHOOL DISTRICT OPERATIONS INCLUDING BUS TRANSPORTATION, SECURITY, MAINTENANCE AND DAILY BUSINESS OPERATIONS. DISTRICT HAS 10000 STUDENTS AND 50 BUSES.

I seen that and I’m almost positive it’s not the people operateing this frequency since this County is about 75 miles away from the locations they are giving out and every time they give a location it’s almost always in Blount County TN about 1 hour and 12 mins away

W4ELL

Feed Provider
This is what broadcasts on this frequency every approximately 30 mins between people talking
https://youtu.be/RLaqsnM-f2o

From the morse code, I am getting: PJR263

Which, if you add the missing W to get WPJR263

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPJR263 - HAYES SR, JAMES E

Seems they are operating on an expired license according to the FCC database.

Edit: The address on the license is Metro Communications in Knoxville.

Edit number 2: It looks like they are IDing under that old license but are actually licensed with a newer license:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3321235

Either, they don't know they are IDing with the old callsign OR, they hope no one is paying attention. :)

Last edited:

W4ELL

Feed Provider

ecps92

FYI 461.1000 got there, because they applied for and were granted the FCC License for it.
The link provided as based on the FCC Info, not on RR Data submitted.

Many Agencies/Companies have, Licensed Frequencies that have never been reported on, or even used.

That frequency is not used with Lenoir City Schools and never has been I have no idea how it got on their but all Lenoir City School radio frequencies that are correct/used is what I submitted and what is on the Loudon County TN section under Lenoir City; 461.100 is not with Lenoir City Schools, and this is being used in Maryville, Alcoa and Sevier County TN sometimes also used on weekdays and weekends as well sometimes used up to about 02:00 in the morning. I can recieve loud and clear on their transmissions so I know it’s not in VA also with the road names they give is in Blount County. At around 20:00 one woman (I will call A) asked another woman (I will call Z) if they were on their bus and “Z” said yes and “A” asked “Z” what her 20 was and “Z” said she was on the way to the Alcoa Walmart (Which is in Blount County TN)

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
FYI 461.1000 got there, because they applied for and were granted the FCC License for it.
The link provided as based on the FCC Info, not on RR Data submitted.

Many Agencies/Companies have, Licensed Frequencies that have never been reported on, or even used.

It didn't get applied for according to the licensee I have the paper of everything that got applied for which was channel 1-6 that is on the Loudon County RR page

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If it is in the FCC license then it was applied for. What you have may be what is in use by you. But this is actual FCC data. That means it is what was applied for and approved for use by grant of the LIC. It may not be being used by you, but it is on the actual FCC database.. The ULS. Your not the system maintainer, or the guy that actually is in charge of the licenses, or the guy that programs the radios. You are an end user of one of the HT on the system. Not being a smart asinine, or trying to insult you, but by your own statements you are not in on the tech side of this system.

Last edited by a moderator:

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
If it is in the FCC license then it was applied for. What you have may be what is in use by you. But this is actual FCC data. That means it is what was applied for and approved for use by grant of the LIC. It may not be being used by you, but it is on the actual FCC database.. The ULS. Your not the system maintainer, or the guy that actually is in charge of the licenses, or the guy that programs the radios. You are an end user of one of the HT on the system. Not being a smart asinine, or trying to insult you, but by your own statements you are not in on the tech side of this system.

I asked the licensee (Mike Sims) if we used that and he said no and he's never used it but what was on the paper which is what I submitted on to RR. I don't program the radios I do troubleshooting on the radios though I could program if I want to but I chose not to since we get them programmed for free and its easier for me since I have so much other stuff to do and don't have any spare time besides that hour I have for lunch and I'm busy from 7:30-4:00 when I get their until I leave but I just don't do repeater stuff for these that is for the company Cartwright Communication Technology, Inc.

ecps92

Likely two different sets of Licenses as these are Business Band and what you submitted are Local Government and Business Band. Also the WPJM905 has been licensed since 1996, looks like they don't use some they are licensed for... happens

Many Agencies hold multiple licenses and even others use [Bootleg] frequencies they never applied for...or even use and others are tucked away for the O$4iT moments

I asked the licensee (Mike Sims) if we used that and he said no and he's never used it but what was on the paper which is what I submitted on to RR. I don't program the radios I do troubleshooting on the radios though I could program if I want to but I chose not to since we get them programmed for free and its easier for me since I have so much other stuff to do and don't have any spare time besides that hour I have for lunch and I'm busy from 7:30-4:00 when I get their until I leave but I just don't do repeater stuff for these that is for the company Cartwright Communication Technology, Inc.

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
From the morse code, I am getting: PJR263

Which, if you add the missing W to get WPJR263

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPJR263 - HAYES SR, JAMES E

Seems they are operating on an expired license according to the FCC database.

Edit: The address on the license is Metro Communications in Knoxville.

Edit number 2: It looks like they are IDing under that old license but are actually licensed with a newer license:

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQOH698 - HAYES SR, JAMES E

Either, they don't know they are IDing with the old callsign OR, they hope no one is paying attention. :)

Do you know what they are using this for? If not I will send a email to the newest registered email and ask what it is being used for.

Edit: I just looked up the domain of the email that is registered to the and it came back to https://www.metrocomm2way.com/index.htm but that gives no reason for what the buses are talking on this frequency for if this is a business

Last edited:

ecps92

FB6C
Generally points to a Rental System run by a Radio Shop
Do you know what they are using this for? If not I will send a email to the newest registered email and ask what it is being used for.

Edit: I just looked up the domain of the email that is registered to the and it came back to https://www.metrocomm2way.com/index.htm but that gives no reason for what the buses are talking on this frequency for if this is a business

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Its an SMR. They do not keep a list of what every user is renting/using radios for. All they care is that they are being paid. How do you ID the users? You listen, listen, listen. Could be Durham School Services, Miller Transportation, Billy Bobs Buddy Buses..... Whether an TRS, or community use conventional repeater, its a radio system for whoever pays to use it. There could be a lot of users with differing tones. They do NOT have to tell you who thy rent too either unless your the FCC and there is an interference issue.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber

zachgallop

I have heard mention of buses, the high school, and the garage on weekends. Stopped listening to it about after three days last year. It gets busy around school times Could never figure out who it was was starting to think Maryville School Buses but it could be any three. Also think I have heard DMR noise on it before but not 100% sure. Does any Blount county schools contract buses?

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
I have heard mention of buses, the high school, and the garage on weekends. Stopped listening to it about after three days last year. It gets busy around school times Could never figure out who it was was starting to think Maryville School Buses but it could be any three. Also think I have heard DMR noise on it before but not 100% sure. Does any Blount county schools contract buses?

I’ve found out today that it does have to do with schools because they were talking about a teacher that put a kid on the bus but the kid didn’t know where she lived. So it’s either Alcoa City Schools or Blount County but I’m not sure which one.

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
Mike Sims may not be aware of it, but it was added on 6/7/2001 in a modification. Barry White was the contact at that time and it looks like the shop was Cartwright Communication Technologies. Whether or not it was on a list given to you, it is licensed to Lenior City Elementary School under WPJM905

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPJM905 - LENOIR CITY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Ok, is where I’m getting at is it’s not used at this school district anymore. It might’ve been until Barry White died in 2016 and then Mike took over the position and he has changed a lot of stuff since then. It’s not on any one of the radios that the schools have. Mike bought all new radios after he started working their after Barry died which is probably why it’s not used anymore is because they didn’t need the extra one since we already have one reserve on Ch 6 now it’s used by either Alcoa or Blount Co. Schools for their bus transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.