Unidentified signal @ 13.560 KHz (SSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boombox

I heard something similar last year. I think the one I heard was associated with one of the CODARs you can also hear in that part of the 13 Mhz band.

But I'm not really sure what it was.

I think there are also experimental stations in that part of 13 Mhz, including "HiFers" -- experimental code beacons -- usually pretty low in power.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
It's interesting here in California at 0453 UTC July 7. The tone is a little different here than what was on the video. It was slow and steady, then it speeded up rather quickly. Now it has more of a hum, like AC noise and zero tones.

On FM I have a S9 signal with a vertical antenna. With an OCF inverted V dipole it jumps to S40+ up to 60 at times, but no audio, no tones can be heard on FM.

I believe this bit of spectrum is for U.S. government use. I could be wrong.

Interesting, it just dropped in signal strength quite a bit to S9.

BaofengScanner

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Frequency is in an ISM band allocation no Government. Shortwave pirates use it in north america and there are also broadcasters on the frequency transmitting in differenr countries as well as legitimate ISM uses. There was this one store on ebay that used to sell 100mw transmitters on that frequency for microbroadcasting use. I have also seen people use it with yagis for local QRP.

ISM band - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.