Unidentified Talkgroups NS TMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

_DeS_

Hey Guys, I could not find the following TGIDs listed and was wondering if anyone could help me indentify them...They are as follows

08288 - Delivery Service ?
14384 - Oil Company ?

Heard on Nova Scotia Provincial Trunked Mobile Radio system, In Glace Bay Area....

Hope someone can help...

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'll sticky this thread as it's a large provincial system. Hopefully we can get some discussion on the system and fill in a few blanks.

V

VE9MP

I have tons and tons of info on that system, I deal with it everyday, and infact, have the entire system installation manual within arms reach...

The limited info on here is riddled with inaccuracies, the site numbers are wrong, talkgroup listings are all out of date and no where nears accurate. I would add the info if there was some way I could do it myself bits at a time when I have some spare time, but theres too much to sit there and submit updates on.

_DeS_

VE9MP said:
I have tons and tons of info on that system, I deal with it everyday, and infact, have the entire system installation manual within arms reach...

The limited info on here is riddled with inaccuracies, the site numbers are wrong, talkgroup listings are all out of date and no where nears accurate. I would add the info if there was some way I could do it myself bits at a time when I have some spare time, but theres too much to sit there and submit updates on.

Wow, thats more then what I was hoping for to get started on this Thread. Exciting news.

PM Sent

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
VE9MP said:
I would add the info if there was some way I could do it myself bits at a time when I have some spare time, but theres too much to sit there and submit updates on.

So why not contact Lindsay direct and ask him to give you database admin rights for the province?

You can update the system at your leisure.

Better yet, since it's so riddled with inaccuracies, wipe it out and start fresh.

pat70

Program all cc channels and you will get everything........tap

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
The one person who said he could help seems to have vanished. Guess he was all talk.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I'm out here right now and have just been running in ID search mode. Works great except in the HRM area where it is far too busy. The sites are far enough apart (or the 396 is deaf enough...) that I'm only picking up one or two sites at a time so it works out well.

Site numbers as listed on RR are horribly wrong, but aside from that I haven't found the DB to be *that* incorrect. I was really hoping to run T88 on the system but I left a day early and didn't have time to pack all my gear :(

hfxChris

Database Admin
Indeed, the site numbers are all completely wrong, I have no idea where whoever put them in got those from...but thankfully you don't need them to scan the system :) I have heard however that there's a couple of errenous control channels... which might need further investigation.

Where are you at in HRM? If you're in the Halifax-Dartmouth area, you should be getting more than one or two sites. I know in the Dartmouth area, I can easily get Geizers Hill, Maritime Centre, Preston, Sackville, and Musquodoboit. Can be a pain though, as it means it just takes longer to scan through a bank on my Pro96 :p

Last edited:

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Bridgewater right now. When I was in HRM, I was in Cole Harbour.

Chris, you really should run Trunk88 and update the database, at least for the site numbers, control channels, neighbour lists and all that jazz.

If you need a hand, just ask!

hfxChris

Database Admin
Well, I've got a list of all of the site numbers already, only problem is the TMR is a two zone system, so there are for example, two site 10s. Is there a way to differentiate between the two zones in the database?

dewytakm

I am new to the area so I don't know if this is redundant information, but I submitted the following to the admin today. I am continuing to search for new TG's and if I can figure out what they are, I will add them to the list. If anyone has any comments to add, they would be greatly appreciated.

Radio Frequencies in use at Central Clarence site:

860.0625c 860.5625 860.8125 861.0625

Talkgroups identified:

7312 Law enforcement P25
1840 Towing (CAA)

Active talkgroups, usage not yet known but believed to be law enforcement (assistance requested from other listeners)

hfxChris

Database Admin
Active talkgroups, usage not yet known but believed to be law enforcement (assistance requested from other listeners)
Hi dewytakm! I think I can help out with a few of these.

6576 - Not sure, the list I have however has it tagged as a possible commercial user
7312 - This is the primary dispatch channel of the Natural Resources Conservation Officers, and is officially known as Whiskey 3 (W3)
7088 - Not in my list
7328 - This is possibly used by the fire hall at CFB Greenwood
10384 - Not in my list
15280 - Not in my list
55232 - Not sure, but one of my lists has this tagged as Fisheries and Oceans (DFO), and encrypted - did you hear people on this talkgroup?
52576 - Not in my list

Status
Not open for further replies.