Unidentified talkgroups on BMR Fleetnet Zone 1 (Southwest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
I too heard that same conversation. They made a comment at one point about watch working wit these MNR guys they can be pretty strict.

Envoys

Yeah heard that too... so unsure what to classify that tg as, hard to tell as not much action on it.

Funny.... just realized your in Brantford, same here!

I am looking to make an open stub j-pole antenna, much like the one from arrow antennas, any idea where I can get solid aluminum rod here in town? PM me if need be.

ve3tej

Premium Subscriber
Logged a new talk group yesterday off the London tower 33072
radio 827 was affilated to this talk group

mciupa

Was it in the clear?

It falls within the range of The Office of the Fire Marshall.

mciupa

Good ol' unidentifiable 16960 once again off of Mowat tower today after 2pm.

mbstone99

TG 816

I have been listening for the last few minutes two units on TG 816, one of them here in Hamilton and one in London doing some testing in the clear, P25 mode..

Matt

Update: I am hearing three units doing a bit of testing, RID 827, 835 & 837

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I have been listening for the last few minutes two units on TG 816, one of them here in Hamilton and one in London doing some testing in the clear, P25 mode..

Matt

Update: I am hearing three units doing a bit of testing, RID 827, 835 & 837

What tower for Hamilton are you hearing this Matt?

Hamilton CACC are doing radio checks on provincial comm and Hamilton Tac 2.

Oxford OPP were asked to switch to Tac 2, Haldimand and Brant units were also asked to go to London Tac 1 and I think Wellington units to Tac 4.

mbstone99

What tower for Hamilton are you hearing this Matt?

Hamilton CACC are doing radio checks on provincial comm and Hamilton Tac 2.

Oxford OPP were asked to switch to Tac 2, Haldimand and Brant units were also asked to go to London Tac 1 and I think Wellington units to Tac 4.

I was hearing this on the Charlton (Hamilton) tower..

Matt

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I thought 816 was some sort of Bell Mobility talkgroup possibly for demonstration to prospective customers.

33072 is one of those analog talkgroups that pops up every so often. Possibly an Ontario Government group that has the radios installed but never uses them.

The OFM talkgroup rarely sees any activity. I think they prefer sat phones much like the MNR ESSU units.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
They're upgrading the core switch to P25 tonight, so you'll likely see talkgroups that you normally wouldn't.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Good ol' unidentifiable 16960 once again off of Mowat tower today after 2pm.

Today off the Brantford tower. So far 6 different radio ID's affiliated. Also interesting to note is that when 16960 is active, so is at least one of the OPP ORGC channels

Andy.

mciupa

Today on Mowat, I was listening to a 5 Lima unit (as he identified himself [407 ETR]) but not on 8656, it was on 39616 which is not in the database. Call to respond to was not on the 407 but in Tottenham.

Actually, the 396XT was displaying 39616 39616, as if it was a patch. 39XXX talkgroups are generally for Corrections, but not in this case.

Since Toronto Police is a no go now, I thought I might listen to OPP during my coffee break and caught this oddity.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I actually was able to sit on the balcony this afternoon with a stoogie and my 396XT, saw the GTA wide TG 8896 pop up on Mowat with Aurora activity for a short bit. I remember a few times this TG was patched with 8656, maybe the TG you saw was patched for a shorta time with Aurora? I have only seen a prison TG on fleetnet a few times, the last time I remember was on the civic holiday in 2006, on Charlton as we were on the Skyway heading home back home.

uncleblackie

The last few days I've been hearing the well mentioned TG16960 coming off the North Bay North (Merrick) tower.

Encrypted as it's always been. As was mentioned, probably CISO ops.

Not gonna start a new thread about it for Zone 3 unidentified's as it's already been mentioned enough in this thread.

Just an FYI, thanks.

mciupa

The last few days I've been hearing the well mentioned TG16960 coming off the North Bay North (Merrick) tower.

Encrypted as it's always been. As was mentioned, probably CISO ops.

Not gonna start a new thread about it for Zone 3 unidentified's as it's already been mentioned enough in this thread.

Just an FYI, thanks.

Those guys sure get around, don't they? :D

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Hearing 16960 on the Cayuga tower this morning. My question is, since the Fleetnet system is somewhat of a simulcast system, are individual users able to isolate themselves to a single tower site. I am finding this 16960 on Cayuga tower as mentioned, but not on the Brantford or Charlton towers as I would normally expect to find.

Andy

mciupa

Caught 18032 off of Mowat this afternoon. Seems to be rarely used.
When I did a search of this thread, Eric had found this one three years ago.

Encrypted then and still encrypted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.