Unidentified TGs - OC CCCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys,

Ithought i would run these talkgroups by the group along with what Im finding about them to see if there are any insiders that might be able to throw a label on them

All of these talkgroups are on the countywide cell... and encrypted but here goes anyway...

22400- not many hits, a couple joins today from radios that are typically in Santa Ana Green channels

30752 - 10 or so users, all with radio IDs that seem to be int he batch of new radios that Newport Beach got...

30784 - not many hits, not much info here

40288 - radios currently logged into this talkgroup once identified themselves as 99-Behavior Health 5 and other station 99 identifiers on a radio drilll type thing on a TAN channel just before christmas. This could be another HCA channel, but i thought the HCA guys had a different station number

41440 - 4-5 users not much pattern to them but there is a control 1 radio assigned to it

61120 - 10-12 radios, sequential radio IDs, one of them switched from this talkgroup to Irvine Green-1... i think i remember someone saying this might be an Irvine Valley College Talkgroup

61312 - not much info here either

Any insight anyone might have would be great!

Thanks,

Matt

Markb

Premium Subscriber
22400- not many hits, a couple joins today from radios that are typically in Santa Ana Green channels

Used to be ABLE CALL before Costa Mesa PD scrapped their aero program. Not sure of the current use.

30752 - 10 or so users, all with radio IDs that seem to be int he batch of new radios that Newport Beach got...

No idea on this one. If your run Unitrunker long enough, you will see many talkgoups like this. Could be for testing out their new APX's.

30784 - not many hits, not much info here

Unknown

40288 - radios currently logged into this talkgroup once identified themselves as 99-Behavior Health 5 and other station 99 identifiers on a radio drilll type thing on a TAN channel just before christmas. This could be another HCA channel, but i thought the HCA guys had a different station number.

OC Healthcare Agency is in fact Station 99 and I have this unofficially listed as HCA SILVER-5

41440 - 4-5 users not much pattern to them but there is a control 1 radio assigned to it

Social Services SILVER-1

61120 - 10-12 radios, sequential radio IDs, one of them switched from this talkgroup to Irvine Green-1... i think i remember someone saying this might be an Irvine Valley College Talkgroup.

IVC PD GREEN-1

61312 - not much info here either

Santa Ana USD PD GREEN-1

Any insight anyone might have would be great!

Thanks,

Matt[/QUOTE]

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Santa Ana was actually a party to the ABLE program. They contributed roughly $500k annually to support it. Typically in grant funds. It wasn't advertised that much, but a Google search will bear that out. In Fact, Santa Ana PD's air support page mentions DUKE, but the pictures on the page are of EAGLE. Looks like a quick edit of the webpage when they switched to using DUKE.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
right now the database shows 61280 as Santa Ana school police green-1 but I'm
am skeptical because it seems like that talk group is far too busy to be a school police channel, especially at 2am.

what do you have for 61280 mark?

thanks so much for all your help!! really appreciate it

as as helicopters, I've only heard duke, hb 1, station 10 helis and 26 angel on aircall.

I know OCFA has 4 as well, never heard an eagle, am I missing some?

oracavon

A little history....Back in the old days (1980's and 90's) Eagle was Costa Mesa's helicopter and Ocean was Newport Beach's helicopter. For financial reasons, Newport Beach eventually stopped using their own helicopter and joined with Costa Mesa in sharing Eagle, which was still based in Costa Mesa. I believe that Newport Beach even contributed crew members. Santa Ana also contracted with them for service, but never had its own helicopter or crew (to the best of my knowledge).

A few years ago, when Costa Mesa had a serious budget crisis and laid off a bunch of city employees, they discontinued the helicopter program and Eagle was grounded. Now Costa Mesa contracts with Huntington Beach for the services of HB1 when a helicopter is needed.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
right now the database shows 61280 as Santa Ana school police green-1 but I'm
am skeptical because it seems like that talk group is far too busy to be a school police channel, especially at 2am.

what do you have for 61280 mark?

thanks so much for all your help!! really appreciate it

as as helicopters, I've only heard duke, hb 1, station 10 helis and 26 angel on aircall.

Since these talkgroups are Encrypted nobody is going to get a solid answer unless you work in their radio department to get the scoop. Plus trying to figure out and tag a ENC talkgroup is not much good to anyone. My opinion is that only spend time on tagging clear talkgroups since this brings value to the database.

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
Since these talkgroups are Encrypted nobody is going to get a solid answer unless you work in their radio department to get the scoop. Plus trying to figure out and tag a ENC talkgroup is not much good to anyone. My opinion is that only spend time on tagging clear talkgroups since this brings value to the database.

I don't disagree with you at all, but sometimes my OCD takes over lol

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I hear you. We all have the OCD. Just like somebody is going to try and get all of those talkgroups for PSEC system and try and figure out which talkgroups belong to which agency but it really doesn't matter because the County has gone silent forever. Maybe in time when Riverside Co fire switches over from their VHF conventionals to PSEC maybe they will be in the clear but that will be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.