Unidentified Tier 3 DMR System | Central Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Monitored from 2 locations. 1st location in Georgetown, KY & 2nd location in Richmond, KY. From location 1 to location 2 is a distance of 57 miles. Picked up via DSD+ & SDR#. I have searched this frequency in the ULS database for the states of Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, & Tennessee, and nothing comes back.
See System Details Below

Network: 1
Region: 1
Site: 3
Color Code: 0
Active Control Channel: 454.4750

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I suspect that it used old paging frequencies so you'll have to do a more specific search in ULS for Radio Service = CP. Just a guess and I could be wrong. That's exactly what they did with this nightmare: Land Air Communications (NXDN) Trunking System, Various, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies
I ran PDW on it and nothing came back. I also did search under CP and also got nothing. I havnt updated this yet but me and a admin believe that this is part of a new DMR statewide system for utilities.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Some of the 454MHz paging frequencies have what are called Market Based licenses. That means they won an auction for a piece of the spectrum and can use it as they wish in that market area. There is no specific site given in the license, only a region that may cover a huge area.
If you look at one of them as an example:
You see the frequency range, 454.46250 - 454.48750. This includes every channel in that range.
454.47500 Your CC
You can see under Market what counties they are licensed for or look at the Map tab.

My experience is the Uniden scanners don't like to search for DMR in the 454MHz range with a 6.25KHz step. Strong stations don't stop the search.
Your best bet would be to keep using DSDPlus and make lots of notes. Keep track of Neighbor sites when they show up. If you have any other Tier III DMR in the state that uses a Network ID of 1, consider using a pseudo Network ID (look in the Notes file) for one of them. Populate the Network, Sites, and Frequencies files in DSDPlus as you find information.

chris

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Some of the 454MHz paging frequencies have what are called Market Based licenses. That means they won an auction for a piece of the spectrum and can use it as they wish in that market area. There is no specific site given in the license, only a region that may cover a huge area.
If you look at one of them as an example:
You see the frequency range, 454.46250 - 454.48750. This includes every channel in that range.
454.47500 Your CC
You can see under Market what counties they are licensed for or look at the Map tab.

My experience is the Uniden scanners don't like to search for DMR in the 454MHz range with a 6.25KHz step. Strong stations don't stop the search.
Your best bet would be to keep using DSDPlus and make lots of notes. Keep track of Neighbor sites when they show up. If you have any other Tier III DMR in the state that uses a Network ID of 1, consider using a pseudo Network ID (look in the Notes file) for one of them. Populate the Network, Sites, and Frequencies files in DSDPlus as you find information.

chris
Thank you. I appreciate all the info and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.