Unidentified Trunking system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiopro52

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
203
Location
North Alabama
I was searching through frequencies on my scanner and came across a data channel that is not listed in the RR database. The data channel frequency is 855.7375. I'm thinking it may be the Morgan County EDACS system's other tower located at Decatur City Hall. But the frequencies for this system aren't listed in the DB, they're just 1.0000, 2.0000,ect. If anyone has the frequencies for the Decatur North tower, could you please post them here or submit them to RR? Thanks.

*EDIT* Found another: 860.9375
 
Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
7,481
Location
Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Check this link:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=2412124

It lists:

MORGAN CITY
855.7375
859.9875
860.9625

DECATUR
859.7625
860.7625

Looks like City of Huntsville in Madison Co is licensed for 860.9375
- http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1302808

As far as the EDACS system, you should submit the freqs in the license and any LCN information that you have. I'm just a passer by (not affiliated with Alabama, being that I'm an Ohioan).

Mike
 
Last edited:

radiopro52

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
203
Location
North Alabama
Cool, thanks for the information. I guess I'll submit the frequencies for the Morgan County EDACS system. They were in the DB but they were removed for some reason.
 

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
7,481
Location
Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
radiopro52 said:
Cool, thanks for the information. I guess I'll submit the frequencies for the Morgan County EDACS system. They were in the DB but they were removed for some reason.
Keep in mind that with EDACS you'll need to know the LCNs to scan it properly. When you submit it you should ask the dbadmin (via a note in your submission) to submit them anyway even if you don't know the proper LCN order (assuming you dont). That way somebody else can view the system, easily get the frequencies, and attempt to determine proper LCN order.

I don't know how much you know about EDACS programming, but unless you know the correct LCN order you're unlikely to hear any traffic if you just program them in in random fashion.

What kind of scanner do you have? Depending on the type of scanner, or depending on if you have a discriminator tap and could feed the tapped audio into Unitrunker (there are others, I just recommend Unitrunker) you may be able to fool around and discover proper LCN order with a bit of work.

Of course, in the absense of knowing correct LCN order, the quick and dirty way to monitor the traffic is to program all of the frequencies in conventionally including the control channel (but lock out the control channel) and then you can still listen to the system, albeit in a somewhat crippled way without the ability to add talk groups or anything.

Mike
 

radiopro52

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
203
Location
North Alabama
mtindor said:
Keep in mind that with EDACS you'll need to know the LCNs to scan it properly. When you submit it you should ask the dbadmin (via a note in your submission) to submit them anyway even if you don't know the proper LCN order (assuming you dont). That way somebody else can view the system, easily get the frequencies, and attempt to determine proper LCN order.

I don't know how much you know about EDACS programming, but unless you know the correct LCN order you're unlikely to hear any traffic if you just program them in in random fashion.

What kind of scanner do you have? Depending on the type of scanner, or depending on if you have a discriminator tap and could feed the tapped audio into Unitrunker (there are others, I just recommend Unitrunker) you may be able to fool around and discover proper LCN order with a bit of work.

Of course, in the absense of knowing correct LCN order, the quick and dirty way to monitor the traffic is to program all of the frequencies in conventionally including the control channel (but lock out the control channel) and then you can still listen to the system, albeit in a somewhat crippled way without the ability to add talk groups or anything.

Mike
I'm using the BCT15. The FCC website gives the correct order of the frequencies, so that's what I use to input the LCN. I have the Morgan County EDACS system programmed and it works well.
 

morganAL

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
400
Location
Somerville, AL
Here are the correct freqs for the Morgan Co system:

Decatur Main (Flint)(Located at the 911 Center next to Regional Hospital)
1. 856.2125
2. 857.2125
3. 858.2125
4. 859.2125
5. 860.2125
6. 859.7625
7. 860.7625
8. 866.8125
9. 867.0625
10. 867.3125

Decatur North (Located at Decatur City Hall)
1. 856.4875
2. 856.9875
3. 857.4875
4. 857.9875

Morgan East (Brindlee Mtn)
1. 855.7375
2. 859.9875
3. 860.9625

City Hall is off the air right now. Still waiting on the tower at City Hall to be replaced.
 

radiopro52

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
203
Location
North Alabama
morganAL said:
Here are the correct freqs for the Morgan Co system:

Decatur Main (Flint)(Located at the 911 Center next to Regional Hospital)
1. 856.2125
2. 857.2125
3. 858.2125
4. 859.2125
5. 860.2125
6. 859.7625
7. 860.7625
8. 866.8125
9. 867.0625
10. 867.3125

Decatur North (Located at Decatur City Hall)
1. 856.4875
2. 856.9875
3. 857.4875
4. 857.9875

Morgan East (Brindlee Mtn)
1. 855.7375
2. 859.9875
3. 860.9625

City Hall is off the air right now. Still waiting on the tower at City Hall to be replaced.
I guess I should of waited to submit those frequencies to the database. I missed one on the Decatur Main. Oh well, hopefully they'll figure it out. Thanks MorganAL.
 

radiopro52

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
203
Location
North Alabama
Instead of creating a new thread, I'll post this here. I found another control channel that I don't know what it is, and I searched the FCC database and it found no matches for the frequency in all 50 states! The frequency is 407.6375.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top