Unified Police callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7rto

I'm not seeing Unified Police in the list of callsigns in the wiki. Units signing "Millcreek" and "Midvale" are fairly obvious, but some use a one letter preface before numbers (or it's phonetic). Thanks.

kf7yn

Well.. here's a start. I haven't had a contact within UPD for a few years so some of this is probably outdated but here's what I can think of off the top of my head:

Charlie units are West Side on Oquirrh TG.
Juliet = Jail/Transportation usually on Req 1 TG.
Sierra = Court Security on Special Services and Matheson Courthouse TGs.
Lima = Crime Scene Investigators.
Tac = SWAT/Special Ops

Taylorsville PD:
Motor: Motorcycle
Tango = Traffic
Delta = Detectives

Shift supervisor.callsigns use a number preceeding the area identifier such as 2 Midvale or 2 Charlie. Obviously, the lower the number, the higher the rank.

If memory serves (not so much lately) numbered units go something like this.
1-99 Admin, Supervisors, Shift Sgt, etc.
100-299 = Investigators, Detectives, etc.
300-399 = Court Security
4xx = Animal Control
6xx = Canyon Units.
9xx = Search & Rescue

In the past, Alpha units were East Side, Bravo were South (Riverton, Bluffdale, etc.) Charlie units have always been West Side. I don't remember if the SO ever used Delta callsigns for Detectives. That all changed with the creation of cities within former unincorporated areas of the County (Holladay City, Cottonwood Heights, etc.) and with Taylorsville using UPD Dispatch.

Anyone with updated info please feel free to add or correct.

bcoray

That is a good list. I believe the Charlie units now patrol mostly in the Kearns/Magna area. The southwest units have Riverton and Herriman as part of their identifier. Sometimes they will shift around to cover calls.

You don't hear many Alpha units on the east side anymore besides the watch commanders (or whatever they call themselves). I think all of the units have a city name in front of their number, i.e. Holladay, Millcreek, Midvale, White City. Makes for sort of a mouthful when communication is critical. I preferred the A, B, C designations.

Status
Not open for further replies.