Unified Statewide Comm System - will it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Yokoshibu said:
I did some looking and there are a lot of things in the area that are being done under fcc part 15.... ie 4.8-5.2 ghz wireless lan junk
Mainly MDT systems.

Yokoshibu

I dont think most mdt's are considered part 15 .... whats the part 15 pwr limit at 5 ghz? and whats the erp of an mdt?

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
KG4WHM said:
You sure?:twisted:

Oh hell yes. I know where my PTT is, do you?

Ok if Sarpy has the high band national law freq, and so does LifeNet, why don't they make the helicopter TG on the Sarpy sys to the national law freq. This would be better than tying in to 39.9 where it's currently at.

What a disappointment that is. Like when Papillion Rural Fire / Rescue gets paged out to help Lousiville. They tier near Hwy 50 and the county line most of the time. How do they talk? A patch to low band. This means instead of thinking the RF is coming from the medic unit right next to you, no it's coming clear from the base station like sixteen or so miles away. This is why they have a hard time hearing the helicopter at times. Even though both units are within feet of each other, because of the patch it's being rerouted back to the base stations and then back out, so infact you have quite a bit of distance between the units. This is why to me patches don't always work out the best, also for the fact you can't patch an already patched TGID and the fact your dispatcher has to be trained in creating one in the first place.

SCPD

QRT
Don't know about the Lifenet. All I know about them is they are dispatched on the RACOM EDACS system, they call Omaha Area hospitals on 155.325, they have MED Pair frequencies, and they can get on Low Band. They may get patch through from a Med Channel. Here in Douglas county they patch MED9 into the system. I believe it is a 24/7 patch, unknown for sure but on the fire dispatch conseles it shows it patch all the time.

Since lifenet has 800MHz radios and so do the the first responders in metro area, excpet cass county and Pot. county EMS/Fire, why do they use one of the 800Mhz mutual Aid channels.

The talking next to each other thing the state is trying to correct by having Cass county go to 800.

Is cass county part of the Omaha Metro area per the frederal DHS?

W0JJK

One of the lifelights helicopter has a Sarpy radio in it also. It is not always in Omaha though.

Their Wulfberg Radio could cover the whole spectrum from 30 mhz to 960 mhz on. It is a very sweet radio. If you need one radio for conventional and trunking there is it.

W0JJK

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
W0JJK said:
Their Wulfberg Radio could cover the whole spectrum from 30 mhz to 960 mhz on. It is a very sweet radio. If you need one radio for conventional and trunking there is it.

W0JJK

Can it do multiple systems at once. Can it have both a Motorola and an EDACS system programmed in it at the sametime.

W0JJK

It only does Motorola or P25. No EDACS.

I am not sure which model Lifeflight have but here is the link to their website.

http://www.wulfsberg.com/

You can do multiple systems but you would miss traffic by being on another control channel or freq. So it is only good for 1 channel at a time.

W0JJK

SCPD

QRT
They have more than one radio in their helicopters then. They talk to their dispatch via the RACOM EDACS trunking system.

Pro92

State-Wide Radio System

W0JJK said:
One of the lifelights helicopter has a Sarpy radio in it also. It is not always in Omaha though.

W0JJK
I heard Madison County will not go to a new radio system just a few weeks back accordinfg to "Madison County Commissioners"

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
KG4WHM said:
They have more than one radio in their helicopters then. They talk to their dispatch via the RACOM EDACS trunking system.

They would probably have a radio from that particular system on board. He said they have a Sarpy radio too. You would have to have an ID on the system in order to transmit, thus they most likely have portables or mobiles on board.

They talk to their dispatcher on the VHF conventional freq. This is how I hear them paged out and placed on stand-by alert. They also will talk back to the trauma centers usually this way with the patient info.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Pro92 said:
I heard Madison County will not go to a new radio system just a few weeks back accordinfg to "Madison County Commissioners"

What about the LTR?

Pro92

Radio System

KG4WHM said:
Madison doesn't have a helicopter. If they need air-support they will call out NSP or LifeNet in Norfolk.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
NSP has a helicopter then? OPD wants 3 new ones this year. They have a huge wish list in their budget for FY07. Does Horicon have a helicopter by chance?

Pro92

W0JJK said:
It only does Motorola or P25. No EDACS.

I am not sure which model Lifeflight have but here is the link to their website.

http://www.wulfsberg.com/

You can do multiple systems but you would miss traffic by being on another control channel or freq. So it is only good for 1 channel at a time.

W0JJK
LifeNet in Norfolk uses EDACS i have them programmed in my PRO-92 ever since the scanner came out. Check the NE database under RACOM.

Pro92

Nsp

NeFire242 said:
NSP has a helicopter then? OPD wants 3 new ones this year. They have a huge wish list in their budget for FY07. Does Horicon have a helicopter by chance?

Last i heard they a helicopter & airplane. I think the plane is in Norfolk. When Madison SO requested for a NSP aircraft or LifeNet for an aireal? search on HWY 81 out of Norfolk a vehicle was doing 80+. NSP was not in Norfolk so they used Lifenet.

Status
Not open for further replies.