Unified Statewide Comm System - will it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Pro92 said:
NSP was not in Norfolk so they used Lifenet.

Ha. ok. Somehow I don't think a medical rescue helictoper falls into a legal jurisdiction of hunting people down who are speeding, but yeah.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
LTRs Rawk Yo

Pro92 said:
The Norfolk paper said the Commissiones said a Sstate-Wide -Radio s is not goingto happen this year.

No no no. I'm saying Rob you should listen to the LTR up there a little more often.

I could have told you there won't be a state wide radio system within the next five years. (And let's hope its not an LTR too). =\

Martinsburg has some good hamburgers and fries if you get up that way and listening to Dixon SO can be funny at times. It's weird to see how different agencies run and talk just a few hundred miles a part, totally different worlds.

Pro92

NeFire242 said:
No no no. I'm saying Rob you should listen to the LTR up there a little more often.

I could have told you there won't be a state wide radio system within the next five years. (And let's hope its not an LTR too). =\

Martinsburg has some good hamburgers and fries if you get up that way and listening to Dixon SO can be funny at times. It's weird to see how different agencies run and talk just a few hundred miles a part, totally different worlds.

Police Cheif said it would be EDACTS by RACOM

SCPD

QRT
NeFire242 said:
Does Horicon have a helicopter by chance?
Where the hell did you hear of this town?
No they don't and Dodge county doesn't either.
Guess which state I am talking about.

red8

We had 39mhz low band system until 1990 when our Sheriff's
turned on 800mhz system. In all honesty the 800mhz is a better
system than the low band system that we had at office for many years before that. And it's not because of everyone is buying into
Motorola. We always had problems in certain parts of the parish
(county) with dead spots. and sometimes you could have been in a situation where you need help you would try to call the base and
the transmission would be could from Virginia, LA county,Cuyhoga county,Ohio,and last but certainly not the least Nebraska. I mean
yes the initial cost for switching is pricy depending on how much
you spend out of the department's budget. However with Federal
funding and a grant from Homeland Security it could be a reallity
you can not put a price on officer survival and good communication
is vital.
red8

Pro92

Madison Publc Works

realgeo said:
Good evening!

In reading many upon MANY posts in these forums and observing how some surrouning states are doing their systems, one has to ask, "Why doesn't Nebraska seem to have a comprehensive plan for a unified state-wide, interoperable communications system?"

I realize that there are a MULTITUDE of issues to work around when considering this point, and there's always the issue of the heat drastically affecting that small grove of "money trees" in the far northwest reaches of the state, but it just seems as if everyone is out doing their own thing, thinking very little of how to make everything work together.

For instance, you still have the NSP running the good ole' low-band system, and you have counties, like the one named for Peter Cass, who are building systems that don't seem to have forward-looking capacities to co-operate with neighboring systems, such "ORIN".

I know that it's easy to say all of this, considering the politics and other issues that come up, but from the layman's point of view, it seems as if a more centralized "view" needs to come into play.

Those are just some random thoughts - what does everyone think?

73's
George B.
It happen on the FM band not TRUNKED, around 6am M-F after 7:10 then i can herar MPW w/o any problems . I brought hs to our PW ecrican? and he said it could be Cuming CO.

HAve a good evening too!
Rob.

Pro92

MadisonPW

red8 said:
We had 39mhz low band system until 1990 when our Sheriff's
turned on 800mhz system. In all honesty the 800mhz is a better
system than the low band system that we had at office for many years before that. And it's not because of everyone is buying into
Motorola. We always had problems in certain parts of the parish
(county) with dead spots. and sometimes you could have been in a situation where you need help you would try to call the base and
the transmission would be could from Virginia, LA county,Cuyhoga county,Ohio,and last but certainly not the least Nebraska. I mean
yes the initial cost for switching is pricy depending on how much
you spend out of the department's budget. However with Federal
funding and a grant from Homeland Security it could be a reallity
you can not put a price on officer survival and good communication
is vital.
red8
Madison PW ues 155.7550 not 39MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.