Union City OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the digital info for Union City? Missing the CC and the Time Slot.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the digital info for Union City? Missing the CC and the Time Slot.
If the database page is correct, they are using NXDN, not DMR.
1620684629090.png
NXDN does not use a Color Code, nor is a slot specified. The RAN number, which is indicated, is what NXDN used instead of a color code.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I was told its not correct that they are dmr. Still working on finding out for sure. Why they would be nxdn when everyone else around them are dmr or conventional is beyond me.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I was told its not correct that they are dmr. Still working on finding out for sure. Why they would be nxdn when everyone else around them are dmr or conventional is beyond me.
I don't know what everyone else in Canadian County uses vendor wise but if Union City is using Kenwood NX series radios they can run dual modes. For example, some counties in Kentucky are using P25 for Law Enforcement and NXDN for Fire/EMS or other configurations. The current FCC license states emissions for Union City as NXDN96 & 48.

1620686657087.png

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
According to their license, WPPY555, they are licensed for NXDN, but not for DMR.

It's possible that, if they chose NXDN instead of DMR like their 'neighbors', they wanted to have a system that was less likely to be monitored.

Which scanner do you have? You should be able to program the frequency as DMR, and set it for 'search' to find what color code is in use, if they actually ore DMR, which they are not licensed to use.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
They use icom mobiles and portables both fire and pd but my agency uses moto. Im not home so cant use any scanners to locate any possible data at the moment.

plaws

Premium Subscriber

Decision-makers always know better than the technical people because they like the salesperson.

Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.