Union Co Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
This post is in response to info that was uncovered during researched for Hendersons new system and comes from a Henderson Gleaner article. Union County is talking of installing a Zetron Max Dispatch System and there is language of Union County joining with Henderson County in the article, but it looks like this equipmentwill be used for Union County only, Just not sure if the sheriffs office will use the system or not.

I'll try to stay on top of this on folks, sorry I slipped on Henderson and this one so far (smacking self on hand hard)

crowe427

Premium Subscriber
This post is in response to info that was uncovered during researched for Hendersons new system and comes from a Henderson Gleaner article. Union County is talking of installing a Zetron Max Dispatch System and there is language of Union County joining with Henderson County in the article, but it looks like this equipmentwill be used for Union County only, Just not sure if the sheriffs office will use the system or not.

I'll try to stay on top of this on folks, sorry I slipped on Henderson and this one so far (smacking self on hand hard)

Henderson County & Union County radio systems will remain separate. Union County is doing a complete overhaul/upgrade of their existing VHF equipment and will not be going to the Henderson Co 700MHZ System.

kd4bas

Premium Subscriber
I will say that the systems in Union county are now readable with fewer dropouts in places that were complete dead zones before and even mobiles were "picket fencing" now most (I say 98%) of the county has good mobile coverage and about 60% of portables are solid into the repeaters. I don't think that's too bad from 10 years ago when we had portables that wouldn't talk across the street.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Disregard the SECOND hp-2 is working fine. Have not seen a defective Hp-2 in a long time.

Thanks

Eddie is the right freq info for Union Cty Sheriff

151.355 pl 162.2
Trying to figure out why the local radio dealer I sold a HP-2 scanner is not hearing them.

I sure doubt defective Home patrol but I just swapped one out and waiting to hear.

Thanks

[

QUOTE=kd4bas;2708002]I will say that the systems in Union county are now readable with fewer dropouts in places that were complete dead zones before and even mobiles were "picket fencing" now most (I say 98%) of the county has good mobile coverage and about 60% of portables are solid into the repeaters. I don't think that's too bad from 10 years ago when we had portables that wouldn't talk across the street.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

kd4bas

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick note, law enforcement is now using CAD based dispatching as well as radios when away from the vehicles. I have been out of the fire/rescue & radio loop for a while so forgive this "silly sounding" question,
I have been told that a "small hand-held CAD like device" was going to issued to the LEOs (to receive dispatches, updates, & info while away from vehicle), EMS, & rescue trucks instead of full size devices. Google search didn't produce any results and I'm unsure if its true or not I keep my eye on the Law Enforcement Product News and EMS Product News and haven't seen anything there either. I figure someone on the board might know.

VASCAR2

There are several systems which work off the cell phone towers where a tablet or smart phone can recieve dispatch information. One Company sells an app for tablets/Smart phones that can interface with a CAD system to recieve dispatch info on tablets and/or smart phone. The tablets can then be used for completing reports. The tablets can also have data stored in the tablet like hydrant locations, building floor plans and other critical FD/EMS/LE data.

I can't remember the company name where our local Fire Dept. just purchased this type of system. The system our FD purchased is going to be integrated into the 911 CAD system. The system is designed to augment the FD VHF pagers currently carried to receive dispatches. Once a 911 operator receives a call an incident is created and transmitted to the appropriate agency through the tablet. The data will be transmitted to a tablet or smart phone via wireless cell carrier text message. The incident will still be paged out over the VHF pager but the responding units can update their onscene status via the tablet. This is a cheaper solution for small FD with limited budgets compared to the statewide IWIN network in Illinois.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.