Union Co SO now NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airboss

Silent Key
As of this morning, Union County SO has finally ditched their analogy dispatch channel (been talking about this on their Facebook for some time now) for a NXDN4 using RAN 50. Looks like the fire dispatch has also moved but have not confirmed that yet. Send an updated submission on this to the RRDB.

Larry in Btown

Airboss

Silent Key
I will submit the information to the database, is the nxdn frequencies still 155.73000

Yep, everything is the same except instead of analog 206.7 they are using NXDN48 RAN 50. I submitted a ticket about a half-hour ago #207203. Looks like the Fire and EMS folks have also moved, I just need a few more transmission to confirm.

Airboss

Silent Key
And I can now confirm that the Union County Fire/EMS dispatch on 154.190/159.165 is using NCDN48 Ran 50 and have dumped their analog system. Submitted to RRDB on ticket # 207207

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Database Updated.

Advise if any of the older analog frequencies need to be updated (i.e. Sheriff Car-to-Car), etc...

Vern

Premium Subscriber
My 2¢ worth...
As Larry posted on 8/12, Union Co GA finally activated their NXDN full-time for Sheriff, Fire, and EMS.
It's running in mixed-mode. I still hear quite a few county mobiles and portables in analog mode. The GSP troopers use analog on their P25 radios to communicate with the county's dispatch center on 155.730.

If you're without a NXDN radio, you can still hear the analog stuff, but be sure to activate your tone squelch (if your scanner has that feature) to keep the NXDN 'growl' at bay... If the PL/CTCSS tones aren't still in the RR database, here's a re-cap:
Sheriff's main (MDR) 155.730 uses 206.5,
FD Disp/Paging (VORTAC) 154.190 uses 91.5,
FIRE Tac 155.085 uses 71.9,
Black Mountain (south county LE/FD/EMS) 154.145 uses 107.2

I haven't heard any NXDN on the Sheriff's simplex tac 151.055 but since I've seldom heard it in use, I have no idea if it's ever had tone.

On my non-NXDN scanner (BCD996) today, I heard some very low-powered NXDN-type digital on the county's Road Dept channel 155.925 ... it might be mobiles/portables on simplex but my Uniden SDS in the same room (different antenna) ignored it completely. More mysteries to solve.

73 to all.
Vern

5StarTuned

Premium Subscriber
Now that it has been a month, how are everyone's results monitoring the new NXDN system in Union County?

I have a 996P2 that I sent off to Scanner Masters and just got it back Monday. My only complaint with NXDN is some transmissions do have some digital chop particularly at the beginning of communication.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Have you ensured "Digital" and not "all" is selected on each NXDN freq. you are monitoring?

Also, increasing the "Digital waiting time" to 200ms seems to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.