Union County And AWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Does Anyone have a clue as to what was/is going on in the Union County Area...Every since I got home about 3PM yesterday (tuesday) I've heard Union County Sheriff's Office Talking On one of the AWIN ADEM LAW ONLY channels...This is not their usual Sheriff's Office Communications TG on AWIN, This was the ADEM LAW channel, Something was going on but I was unable to figure out what, it's being heard statewide whatever it is because their using the statewide ADEM TG. Just curious if anyone else heard any of this traffic and knew what was going on? Yes, It's still going on Today even..

bpckty1

Just a guess from SE Texas, but could they be having an exercise? Have you heard anyone say, "this is a drill", or anything similar? It is the season for disaster drills as well as regular natural disasters.

btritch

Just a guess from SE Texas, but could they be having an exercise? Have you heard anyone say, "this is a drill", or anything similar? It is the season for disaster drills as well as regular natural disasters.

Could Be, But They were talking about a house, And about calling in more help, And besides that, I would think if it were a drill it would involve fire/rescue/ems..This was Just strictly PD..It didn't really sound like a test and usually Arkansas tests don't last over a few hours, This has been going on since Tuesday and it's still going on, I wouldn't think it would be a drill But I am not underestimating your suggestion, i don't know much about the Southern part of the state or how they operate, I'm just hearing the Radio Traffic From The NE sector on a statewide Channel, It could Very Well Be a drill, As of right now, that's what we're considering it because that's all we have to go on, Better than nothing I guess, At least you have a theory anyway! Thanks for the tip..

Status
Not open for further replies.