Union County Area DMR Hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Can't seem to get any of the DMR frequencies below identified, and I believe the CC1 may just be the Uniden default when it can't actually ID the code. Receiver is located in Cranford, NJ. Ignore the three conventional frequencies.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 161

Analogrules

461.275 - I have this as Prudential Insurance Security Newark, NJ - Analog DCS412 (it is very possible they switched to DMR??)

461.4875 - Trinity Hospital Engineering Dept DCS134 (perhaps they swtiched to DMR?)

As for the rest of them, I have no clue. I would also cross reference with the FCC DB and see which nearby businesses are licensed on these frequencies with DMR emissions. Keep in mind that there could also be a handful of stronger DMR signals you could be receiving from Staten Island and Manhattan as well.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I've run them against the databases, known and FCC. Coming up blank or questionable as shown due to distance.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Most of your Con+ hits are from the OneVoice system, and are already listed in the database (you have to look at each site's details to see the CC assigned to each repeater).

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7363

471.4875 - OneVoice System, Site 4, CC 1, Control Channel
472.1375 - OneVoice System, Site 5, CC 1, Control Channel
472.6250 - OneVoice System, Site 37, CC 2, Control Channel, Unknown location
501.9375 - OneVoice System, Site 35, CC 1, Control Channel
502.2625 - OneVoice System, Site 34, CC 1, Control Channel
502.3000 - OneVoice System, Site 32, CC 1, Control Channel
506.3375 - OneVoice System, Site 33, CC 1, Control Channel

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Most of your Con+ hits are from the OneVoice system, and are already listed in the database (you have to look at each site's details to see the CC assigned to each repeater).

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7363

471.4875 - OneVoice System, Site 4, CC 1, Control Channel, Unknown location
472.1375 - OneVoice System, Site 5, CC 1, Control Channel, Unknown location
472.6250 - OneVoice System, Site 37, CC 2, Control Channel, Unknown location
501.9375 - OneVoice System, Site 35, CC 1, Control Channel, Unknown location
502.2625 - OneVoice System, Site 34, CC 1, Control Channel, Unknown location
502.3000 - OneVoice System, Site 32, CC 1, Control Channel, Unknown location
506.3375 - OneVoice System, Site 33, CC 1, Control Channel, Unknown location

Hmmm. Curious why the search functions in the database didn't locate them. That still leaves several blank.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I should note that Site 37 is not listed in the RRDB because the location hasn't yet been pinpointed.

Someone decided to make a big fuss about all of the known sites in the system being listed, including those that had no location identified, and the end result was that we removed those location unknown sites. A shame, because many of them are on the air, and it makes it harder for people to figure out what they're hearing when they search the RRDB and come up empty.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Hmmm. Curious why the search functions in the database didn't locate them. That still leaves several blank.

They're all coming back to OneVoice when I search, except for the aforementioned unlisted Site 37.

What method are you using to search? By state or by metro area? Are you leaving the Tone field blank?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
They're all coming back to OneVoice when I search, except for the aforementioned unlisted Site 37.

What method are you using to search? By state or by metro area? Are you leaving the Tone field blank?

Trunked and Metro (Tone Blank).

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Also...

472.0375 - OneVoice System, Site 5, CC 1, Voice Channel

PS - Disregard all of those "Unknown location" in my original post pre-edit, that was only supposed to be for Site 37

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Also...

472.0375 - OneVoice System, Site 5, CC 1, Voice Channel

PS - Disregard all of those "Unknown location" in my original post pre-edit, that was only supposed to be for Site 37

472.0375 was straight DMR, not trunked.

That still leaves 461.275, 461.4875, 462.075, 463.2125, 472.0375, and 477.9875.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What receiver are you using to find these hits, a Uniden scanner? It's possible that a band search would stop on a Con+ voice frequency and identify it as "straight DMR" instead of being part of a trunked system. Keep in mind that all of the other Con+ hits you got were on the control channel, which are announcing that they are Con+.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the scanner isn't showing the Network ID and Site # for those control channel hits; that would've obviously made a huge difference.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
What receiver are you using to find these hits, a Uniden scanner? It's possible that a band search would stop on a Con+ voice frequency and identify it as "straight DMR" instead of being part of a trunked system. Keep in mind that all of the other Con+ hits you got were on the control channel, which are announcing that they are Con+.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the scanner isn't showing the Network ID and Site # for those control channel hits; that would've obviously made a huge difference.

BCD536HP. Part of the issue I think is the weakness of the signals. Unfortunately at the house, there's excessive interference from nearby BPL, transmission lines, and a cell repeater. Jackpot of QRM. And unfortunately, I can't get a better antenna up beyond a magmount on the gutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.