Union County BLS / EMS Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello Everyone,

I was monitoring an EMS call in Roselle last night and the fire department requested a Union County Ambulance / BLS unit respond to the job, I was told by a good childhood friend that the ambulances work out of the County Police Building out of Westfield, I was monitoring the 460.1000 freq the same one used by some squads and paramedics now in Union County but did not hear a dispatch over there for a BLS ambulance, does anyone know where there dispatched from ?

Thanks

Tony

Analogrules

It is very possible they used the ems mutual aid channel, 460.450 if 460.100 was busy, or even one of the MONOC frequencies. All the ambulances have all these frequencies programmed into their radios and could easily have been dispatched on the last frequency they were using including another township's FD or EMS frequency (if their last call was with them).

KC2JS

Feed Provider
I think they are dispatched on the TRS. Not 100% sure but I think in the OEM Main tg.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I think they are dispatched on the TRS. Not 100% sure but I think in the OEM Main tg.

Sir, you be 100% correct OEM dispatch Talkgroup 06-011 on the Union County EDACS system.
I had some time to monitor this afternoon they did a call into Union around 3:17 to the BLS bleeding
ear.

Take Care.

Tony

daedalus

I used to be an EMT-A in Cranford (>20 years ago). That sure looks like the corner of Romore and Park Dr.

That whole Union County EMS thing seems weird to me. We had two rigs in Cranford and would get Garwood or Roselle Park for mutual aid if needed. It usually worked the other way - we were going to them! I know the police later had one of the rigs and later I think it went to the FD, but the First Aid Squad is still around. What is the purpose of Union County EMS? Can't the towns cover themselves with mutual aid as needed or is it just another political way to generate jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.