Union County Fire Siren Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I was wanting to see if anybody has had a chance to decode any of the Union County Tones.

I know that on Wiki there is the pager tones for each fire station.

What I am looking for is the tones that activate each stations siren.

I am especially interested in the following:

Unionville
Bakers
New Salem

and any other stations that still have sirens.

Also would be interested in all the EMS Tones as well.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

David

Last edited:

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Not in this case.

The pager tones are seperate from the siren tones.

The pager tones are used primarly for first responder calls and announcements.

The siren tones are used to set the station siren off and open the bay doors and turn on the lights.

David

NCFire11

Not sure about Union co, but around here the station siren has the same B tone as the personnel pagers, with a different A tone.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I know it is strage.

Here in Cabarrus were I live. Dispatch as the option to set pagers off and pagers and station siren using the same tones.

Now there are two departments that have seperate pager and siren tones. But I think it is all because of automatic door openers upon siren activation. Everybody else uses the same tones.

Davidson Fire in Mecklenburg County is the same way they have a seperate tone for pagers and one for sirens.

I used to could pretty much get the Union County pager and siren tones years ago. The first Saturday of each month at 10am they would do an all county pager and siren test.

I think the only agencie in Union County that gets daily pager tests are Monroe Fire and Union EMS.

Many departments have gotten away from the weekly pager tests. Except for Cabarrus and Stanly. Cabarrus does pagers and sirens every Saturday at noon. Stanly does pagers and sirens the first Saturday of the month and just pagers the other Saturdays of the month.

I guess it is different for each county.

If anybody has any ideas of freqs

Please let me know,

Thanks

David

mojo3120

Attached are EMS Tones

Attachments

• Proposed Tone Plan 2005 (June27).xls.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 109

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

I appreciate the Ems Tones.

I used to work for Union Ems when it was a county service and knew most of the outlying bases had the same tone as the fire station pager tones that they responded out of.

Example Waxhaw Fire was dispatched on 154.220 Mhz
Waxhaw Ems 189 was dispatched on 155.280 Mhz
Both used same tones different frequency.

Now if I can just get the Union County Siren activation tones I will be in business.

Like I said before each station that still has a siren has a different set of tones aside from the regular pager tones.

Thanks

David

Status
Not open for further replies.