Union County Hotline 460.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyS

Haven't monitored it in a while but have been all day yesterday and today without hearing anything. Is 460.100 still in use for Union County's hotline? Thanks.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
The "hotline" is now strictly on the edacs system. All PD's within Union county have access to that talkgroup.

TonyS

Interesting. I guess that means the towns not actually using the system have at least a portable or mobile set up to get on the county system. Thanks for the info.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I guess that means the towns not actually using the system have at least a portable or mobile set up to get on the county system. Thanks for the info.

In Union County the municipal communications centers have that equipment. The vehicles either are equipped with a scanner, or receive hotline info via general call from their municipal dispatch. More the latter than the former.

All the licenses are maintained for 460.100 however in case of a failure with the TRS, and it is monitored by the county comms center in Westfield.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"...and it is monitored by the county comms center in Westfield."

I'm assuming then the repeater in Summit is still operational and in use by the Parks Commission as it was from the start?

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
UCPD dispatch announces "code blue" dispatches and when they do so they do a roll call of all departments. Aside from the Union county agencies, I've heard them call NJ Transit PD and PAPD and they got a response in return so I'd say it's safe to as assume that they have the capability to communicate with multiple agencies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
"...and it is monitored by the county comms center in Westfield."

I'm assuming then the repeater in Summit is still operational and in use by the Parks Commission as it was from the start?

I don't know about Summit. All if not most of the county repeaters are in a location on the Watchung Reservation in Mountainside. The old Parks Commssion repeater on 45MHz in Elizabeth just had it's license renewed. No clue whether it's still actually there or not.

NJEMT12982 said:
UCPD dispatch announces "code blue" dispatches and when they do so they do a roll call of all departments. Aside from the Union county agencies, I've heard them call NJ Transit PD and PAPD and they got a response in return so I'd say it's safe to as assume that they have the capability to communicate with multiple agencies.

Yup. Any of the communications centers of departments that operate with in Union County. NJTransit for obvious reasons, and the PAPD cause of Port Elizabeth and Newark Airport. I believe the NJSP Operations Center in Newark also has the ability to use it, even though all they ever use is SPEN.

On the road though, again, some cars have scanners, most just get it from dispatch since it's on the TRS. They all pretty much have 460.1 in their UHF mobiles though still. Even our rigs do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.