Union County MARS & Disp In the Mud

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else more than 5 miles away from Mountainside site. Seems as if 453.150 and 453.950 are at the noise level. Perhaps down 6-12 dB. I suspect they share the same antenna system there. Unless they are also collocated at a backup site in Elizabeth. Right now signal down low. Anyone else?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Sorry I’m a bit confused to your question. Are you referring to the signal in general? Subscriber talk-in? Is the noise floor the same on the subscribers vs console?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I’m a bit confused to your question. Are you referring to the signal in general? Subscriber talk-in? Is the noise floor the same on the subscribers vs console?
The RF signal level on BOTH is way way down. I suspect they are both sharing the same antenna. I am line of sight to tower in Mountainside but far enough away to notice the difference. If your close enough you would never notice.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
The 453.150 RF signal back up to normal. 453.950 signal remains just above 3db above the floor at times. Used to be same as Union County MARS. Simple fix for me I will have to listen on the NJICS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.