Union County narcotics units

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past week, I've been seeing the narcotics (prosecutor 02-041) TGID popping up like none other. Anyone else? I don't think I've seen it come up even once in the past year, and all of a sudden they have almost as much chatter as the PD Patrols. I wonder if they were once on digital and moved back to analog for a while temporarily?

lt307

Premium Subscriber
Narcotics Talk Group

That is not narcotics radio traffic you are hearing. The Union/Essex Auto Theft Task Force has been disbanded and replaced by the Union County Violent Crime Task Force. That task force is now using the narcotics talk group and will be out within Union County on most nights.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Who particiapates in this unit? I know the ATTF was comprised of officers from departments within Union and Essex counties. Does anyone have any further on this?

lt307

Premium Subscriber
Union County

This specialized task force is made up of Union County police personnel and will only patrol within Union County.

You know also, I don't even remember seeing the sheriff talk group come up even once. What are those guys talking on? And I mean the Sheriff patrol officers, not the courthouse or fugitive unit.

lt307

Premium Subscriber
The Sheriff's Office does not have patrol units. The only thing you might hear are officers serving domestic violence restraining orders at various addresses, etc.or the fugitive unit attempting to serve warrants. During the day there is mostly court squad activity.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
lt307 is correct, UCSO does not have a patrol unit such as Hudson or Somerset County does. As for the Sheriff talkgroups, they are pretty much all active. Especially the fugitive squad. If you have any questions pertaining to them, private message me. And lt307, I haven't heard any chatter from the new unit since MDW when they caught up to the guy they were looking at for the Elizabeth homocide. Just wondering if they went back to using encryption with those talkgroups or elsewise.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
lt307 is correct, UCSO does not have a patrol unit such as Hudson or Somerset County does. As for the Sheriff talkgroups, they are pretty much all active. Especially the fugitive squad. If you have any questions pertaining to them, private message me. And lt307, I haven't heard any chatter from the new unit since MDW when they caught up to the guy they were looking at for the Elizabeth homocide. Just wondering if they went back to using encryption with those talkgroups or elsewise.

radiomanNJ1

Why PM? Is this another one of those only the people I like can know my secret information things?

Either share or say nothing. RR was built on sharing not on PM with secret lists. As far as I am concerned the less said to anyone about guys doing that kind of work the better. It's a safety thing and we don't need someone programming a scanner for these bad guys so when they get busted in the article it will say they had police scanners.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
the bad guys are here on these forums too at least once a year - but happens more than people know - the bad guys have been caught with frequency lists - from - ......RR! or Radio Shack...luckly they dont understand what they are listening too sometimes you can read into some of the questions people ask under other states forums that in time with a news report makes one suspious...

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
No radioman, it is not, I have no problem sharing info with fellow members, but nothing for nothing, I don't want to post something that might be considered senstive information.. Keep in mind that at one point all of the UC Pros talkgroups were encrypted and now, not so much.... I wasn't trying to be secretive, sorry.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Well if your not going to share a frequency on here don't even make the statement on this board that you know of such information and not post it.

You don't want the thread to become something that was so absurd of the Metro Fire south frequency thread .

As far as the bad guys monitoring the RR board for frequency I don't think so lets not get the Kearny Police syndrome here. The bad guys don't care there going to rob, cheat, murder and rape whether or not they here the cops coming/

Status
Not open for further replies.