Union County Pub Service Radios in 2019 - Any updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IredellMon

I wondering if anyone can give me a up-to-date overview of the radio systems in use in Union County, (Monroe and Waxhaw) area of North Carolina. Looking for info in addition to the database. Which agencies are using Trunked systems, which are encrypted, which are similcast on VHF, etc? Basically, what should I download from the database to keep up with LE, Fire, perhaps medics and anything else you think is interesting in the aforementioned area. And what can I do with a conventional scanner vs a digital trunking one.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Well to start Union Law is pretty much encrypted. That includes Union Sheriff and Monroe Police

You may on occasion find an office transmitting in open un-encrypted but most of the time not.

Everything else is open

Also Union Fire and Monroe Fire are still being heard across the conventional channels.

Union Fire 154.220 Mhz. and Monroe Fire 453.125 Mhz.

I think Union Ems has abandoned their 155.400 Mhz. channel

If I am right Union Ems is being done like Cabarrus and Mecklenburg Ems.

They page the individual crews radios for a call.

Hope this helps

David

trumpetman

Database Admin
The database is driven by user submissions, if you find new talkgroups or notice new encryption submit it to the database and it will be updated. Someone submit it so I can work the update next time I look over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.