Union County Sheriff UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa2chj

Is anyone else having a problem, today, receiving the Union County Sheriff's Office on their UHF dispatch Frequency? Either something is going on and they've changed to another system, or I've had multiple radio failures. They were on yesterday afternoon, then around dinner time disappeared.

kd8x

Is anyone else having a problem, today, receiving the Union County Sheriff's Office on their UHF dispatch Frequency? Either something is going on and they've changed to another system, or I've had multiple radio failures. They were on yesterday afternoon, then around dinner time disappeared.

I'm listening to the SO right now on 453.850....loud and clear up here in Concord....(8:10 pm)

wa2chj

I don't doubt that one bit. They reappeared on all my radios in the early afternoon after quite a few hours of dead silence. The cross band repeater from the P25 system to the UHF dispatch frequency must have been down for that period as serveral other people in the area could not hear them during those hours either.
Thanks for your reply.

wa2chj

I know this is an old thread, but it was mine, and the same question applies again. I haven't heard a single transmission on the Union County Sheriff's UHF channel in at least several days on several different radios. Did they finally switch over completely to VIPER?

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Union County and Monroe City Police as well as the small town police departments use the Char/Meck P-25 System.

Union Sheriff and Union Sheriff Countywide are crossed patched to UHF.

453.850 Mhz (Dispatch)
453.2875 Mhz.(Countywide)

Monroe Fire is a one way patch to 453.125 Mhz. For Dispatch and pager alerting only

Monroe Police is strictly 800 Mhz. on the Char/Meck System.

Hope this helps

David

Last edited:

trumpetman

Database Admin
Not hearing anything on UHF in my travels today. Looks like they may have gone the way of Monroe PD and terminated the patch.

wa2chj

Thanks, Trumpetman, that's what I was looking for...someone to confirm they aren't receiving anything on the UHF frequencies. Looks like those days are over.

Scott

wa2chj

Just a quick update....after several weeks of nothing on the UHF frequency, they have reappeared, and were on for at least the last 5-6 days. Hope this continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.