Union County Sirens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know what the tornado siren activation frequency fo union county is with PL code? Thanks.

Q101ATFD

The tone is usually broadcast on the county EMA frequency - at least that's how I've seen it done in other counties. In your case, it would be 155.805 - could be CSQ, or there might be a PL. Give it a listen next Wednesday at noon and see.

adamdavis

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
WILLIE Please send me a PM I live in Marysville, and have not found anyone else in the area that is in the hobby.

16b

Premium Subscriber
Marysville at least used to use 154.250. I think the county sirens are on 37.98.

[Edit]: just noticed this was a bumped thread--sorry if you've already figured this out.

cann1995

Premium Subscriber
All Union County sirens are activated on County Fire High Band Dispatch 154.250mHz except the City of Marysville sirens. The Marysville sirens are activated on County Fire High Band Ops 4 154.235MHz.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity - why do people care what frequencies the sirens are activated on?

adamdavis

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
I know I wouldn't necessarily be able to hear the sirens if the wind was howling and being 7 miles away from the closest siren and inside my house. It would be nice to know if the sirens are activated via listening to the freq they are activated on via a handheld or mobile radio.

ibagli

The last three tornado warnings, the signal on my county's EMA channel has been my first alert to it. (Not by much, though. It's maybe a few seconds before the siren starts going, and a few more seconds before the county sets off all the fire tones.)

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I know I wouldn't necessarily be able to hear the sirens if the wind was howling and being 7 miles away from the closest siren and inside my house.

Wouldn't a NOAA Weather Radio make more sense? Or do you monitor the siren frequency 24/7?

adamdavis

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Since the county sirens are activated on the county dispatch channel, yes I do monitor the siren frequency 24/7 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.