Union Twn PD and Uniden BC92XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardentsong

Hi,
I just purchased the BC92XLT, so far its been great. However, when I try to access Union Twnship it does capture the scan but bleeps 3 times after every transmission. Does anyone if this is normal in Union Twnship? and is there a frequency for Union Twn PD that might work for this type of scanner?

mondaro

Feed Provider
Union Township Police has a EDACS Wide system. The 3 beeps means the officer
has un keyed the his mic and the system is handshaking to the next freq on the
system. Make sure you have the scanner in EDACS wide trunk mode make sure
and you have all freqs all progrmas in LOC order. I live in Harrison Hudson
County about 8 miles from Union Twp and I have to tell you it's a tough system to
monitor even with top notch scanner and antenna.

Tony

SCANdal

Silent Key
Forces you to have a fast finger on the scan button

Tony,

The tones following voice traffic on EDACS systems are anti-scanning tones used to thwart monitors attempting to listen on conventional scanners. The computer (data) channel on EDACS systems handles the hand offs to the next available frequency.

SCANdal

mondaro

Feed Provider
Scandel...

I don't know about the anti scanning tones but I do know if you have the frequencies in
LCN order and have the scanner in the proper EDACS mode I never heard those
tones, I do know if you don't have you scanner programmed not in trunked mode you
received those tones. I remember in the old days if I wanted to hear something
on the Port Wide system for PAPD I programmed the frequencies in one bank and then t try to follow the conversations. Thanks for your insight.

Hey by the way do you know or have the Hackensack Medical Center EMS radio information I hear there on an LTR system.

Thanks

Tony

ctrabs74

mondaro said:
I don't know about the anti scanning tones but I do know if you have the frequencies in LCN order and have the scanner in the proper EDACS mode I never heard those tones, I do know if you don't have you scanner programmed not in trunked mode you received those tones. I remember in the old days if I wanted to hear something
on the Port Wide system for PAPD I programmed the frequencies in one bank and then t try to follow the conversations.

When I had my Pro-95, I'd always get those tones at the end of an xmit even when an EDACS system is programmed in the proper format. However it doesn't do that as much on my 396 (unless I'm further out of range from the EDACS system). I'm wondering if it's a Uniden/Bearcat thing (at least for the newer scanners) or if technology has simply caught up with EDACS.

W2SJW

Database Admin
mondaro said:
I scan Union Twp with a Uniden Bearcat 996 / 396 and 796

Have you guys confirmed where the 2 new frequencies go in the LCN? I've told a few friends to make those 2 new ones the 'new' LCN-1 and LCN-2. Was I right on that (I don't get up there enough lately to test with my own scanner)?

mondaro

Feed Provider
W2SJW said:
Have you guys confirmed where the 2 new frequencies go in the LCN? I've told a few friends to make those 2 new ones the 'new' LCN-1 and LCN-2. Was I right on that (I don't get up there enough lately to test with my own scanner)?

Hi Scott...

I have Union Twp program in with the old freq. plan and I hear all transmissions
with no gaps. I listen to them daily.

Now Union Twp at times are using P25 enc. communications and it used on all bands
to but most of there transmissons are in the clear ( Thank God ) I also monitor
there VHF EMS repeater and there low band fire channel as well in case they
ever go 24/7 P25 Enc at least i'll have some what of a clue what's going on
or at the very least a heads up.

Tony M.
Harrison, NJ

W2SJW

Database Admin
I have a very close friend that's a UTPD officer, and I was talking to him just last week when he mentioned a pursuit they had the night before, and when the OIC got on the air and told them to 'break it off', the perp slowed down & turned off down a street in the next town over.

He said it's pretty damn sure that guy had a scanner in the car, and he wonders as well as you do what his chief is going to do to their radio system in the near future...

mondaro

Feed Provider
Scott...

The common crook if they have a scanner in all likelihood does not have the Union Twp
system programmed correctly. It's a hard to monitor even if you know what your doing
as a scanner user.

Especially the Union Township EDACS system does not work very well just outside
of Union township so the officers will loose there communications with Police
communications center not to far outside of the Union Township.

Why anyone would want to GE system for there emergency communications
is beyond me.

I hope your friend tells the Township drop the VHF EMS repeater 155.0550 for EMS this
would open up the frequency to other agencies like mine.

Take Care

Tony M.

W2SJW

Database Admin
My buddy is also an amateur (general class), and his favorite joke is that their system was 'out-of-date' the first week it was in service! :D

Genoman

Please note....the two new frequencies....501.1625 and 501.2375... are up and running BUT they are LCN 6 & 7!!!!! NOT, I repeat NOT LCN 1 & 2!!!!

If you put them into LCN 1 & 2 you will not hear anything!!
Edit/Delete Message

Analogrules

I used to live in Union Twp and they did become very annoying to scan once they switched to their EDACS system. I also can't stand those annoying beeps after each transmission. I finally got so sick of it, that I took them off my scanner completely and used the channel space for a few more Coast Guard frequencies. I wasn't aware though that 2 additional frequencies were recently added to their talk system. That's if I understood correctly. Note, I have not heard their FD use their lower band frequency in over 2 years. I don't think it's used anymore. However, their EMS is still simulcasted on 155.055 (which was their old PD channel back in the FUN scanning days). I must admit, this hobby was so much more fun before the EDACS, TRUNKED, P25, and Nextel garbage took over in my opinion.

Ben

Analogrules

Ok, I just heard a page on Union's old FD frequency, which is 46.280 MHz. They must have started simulcasting on that frequency again because I remember they stopped using it for quite a while, even for simulcast purposes.

Analogrules

Almost forgot, Union's old detective frequency is 155.550 and they still transmit a morse code ID on a regular basis. However, I haven't heard voice transmissions on it for a very long time. If anyone ever hears activity on it again, please post!

SCANdal

Silent Key
N2ZGE...time to upgrade to a Trunktracker II

Genoman said:
Please note....the two new frequencies....501.1625 and 501.2375... are up and running BUT they are LCN 6 & 7!!!!! NOT, I repeat NOT LCN 1 & 2!!!!

If you put them into LCN 1 & 2 you will not hear anything
Geno,

Let's see if I got what you're saying right...

Union's new LCN order

1 blank
2 blank
3 501.6375
4 501.9625
5 502.1125
6 501.1625
7 501.2375

Any idea what happened to 502.7125 (old LCN 6) and 502.9125 (old LCN 7)?

SCANdal

Genoman

SCANdal said:
Geno,

Let's see if I got what you're saying right...

Union's new LCN order

1 blank
2 blank
3 501.6375
4 501.9625
5 502.1125
6 501.1625
7 501.2375

Any idea what happened to 502.7125 (old LCN 6) and 502.9125 (old LCN 7)?

SCANdal

No, no. All of the frequencies are there. You just need to add the two new ones to the END as LCN 6 & 7.

Here is the LCN order:

1 501.6375
2 501.9625
3 502.1125
4 502.7125
5 502.9125
6 501.1625
7 501.2375

It will work without adding those two frequencies but you will miss some transmissions. For instance you might hear someone answering a call that you didn't hear because it came over one of the two new frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.