Unit ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
On other systems, including analog channels on a Motorola 3600 system, the unit ID is broadcast only at the beginning of a transmission.....

What's interesting is I think the same Motorola 3600 systems send other info like Pre-emptive Priority, etc. sub-audibly on the voice transmissions. On hindsight, you would think Motorola could've put the UID in there somewhere too. But maybe there wasn't any use for it back then or not enough "bandwidth" to include all the features at once.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
IIRC, the subaudible data consists of a string of words something similar to:
<TGID><PID1><TGID><PID2><TGID><PID3>...

TGID = the Talk Group ID being used on this voice channel and PID# = the Talk Group ID of a priority channel that is active on another voice channel. Each word takes a significant portion of a second...

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
What's interesting is I think the same Motorola 3600 systems send other info like Pre-emptive Priority, etc. sub-audibly on the voice transmissions. On hindsight, you would think Motorola could've put the UID in there somewhere too. But maybe there wasn't any use for it back then or not enough "bandwidth" to include all the features at once.

IIRC, the subaudible data consists of a string of words something similar to:
<TGID><PID1><TGID><PID2><TGID><PID3>...

TGID = the Talk Group ID being used on this voice channel and PID# = the Talk Group ID of a priority channel that is active on another voice channel. Each word takes a significant portion of a second...

Radio ID in the LSD wasn't in the APCO-16 spec (which is what 3600 SmartNet/SmartZone was built around), so that's probably why it isn't there.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It's probably a case that a setting or two in the scanner may need to be changed (as in the correct display mode).

I've got one system with over 1,100 Unit IDs alpha tagged and they are displaying as I'd like them to. Also I'm monitoring three P25 systems, all of which have Unit IDs displaying as I'd like them to.

I'd like to try and find out what needs to be entered into my Sentinel software in order to have the Unit Id's show..... ie "76-001 i4364022" ?? or similar?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel

Edit Profile (x36 model profile only) SDS100 doesn't have this setting.

Select Display Options tab

Under Display Mode:
Select "Mode 2" (Unit ID Mode)

Close the window.
Save the setting changes.

write changes to radio.

Unit Id's must be added to your programming in order to see labels (Unit Id Tab in Sentinel)

only exception is NXDN ID's can be displayed because the text data is transmitted with the voice and if properly decoded will display without programming. Any other system type must be manually added. Otherwise you only see a number, you have to assign a tag to each UID. (Provided you understand who's talking)

Ex: from my Chester County P25 UID programming

211011 Union Lad Mob
211012 Union Eng4 Mob
211013 Union Eng1 Mob
211014 Union Tank Mob
211015 Union Amb1 Mob
211016 Union Amb2 Mob
211017 Union Amb3 Mob
211018 Union Eng2 Mob
211019 Union Res Mob
211020 Union Utility Mob
211021 Union Brush Mob
211022 Union Sqd/Bt Mob
211023 Union Mob
211024 Union Dpty Mob
211025 Union Chief Mob
211026 Union Mob
211029 Union Mob
211500 Union Chief Port
211501 Union Asst Chief Port
211502 Union Asst Chief Port

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Chester_County_Emergency_Services_Radio_and_Unit_IDs

I see Bucks County doesn't have a nice wiki set up yet..
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7699

Some systems have a wiki page... They are created by RR Users and are an invaluable resource if taken advantage of...

I hope this helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.