Unit Id's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curfew

Someone have a good list of who is who in the Lexinton, Richland County radio systems?

Agency specific ie. numbers as they are talking- 100-150, 200-300, 450-500. Lets say highway patrols are 100-150, lexington co. is 200-300, richland is 450-500. That thing, not the 10 codes.

What is the "columbia center" ???? ie. "5678 is at the columbia center".

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
i have lots of them for richland county/columbia but they rarely corelate in any fashion. like richland county ems unit S234, there radio id is 34750234 or something similar, some might come up as Unit 222 however, and some still have the actual officer's name programmed in, but its rarely kept up to date, but i think that is only how the cad system reads them i think the radio itself only puts out a 6 or 8 digit number, but i use unitrunker and i've added all the ems radio ids and some of the fire dept/cola police dept radio ids so i can see who it is when they talk, but there is so many i don't even try to keep it up to date...

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
and i might be talking about something completely different from you were, if so, sorry..

Curfew

You were talking about something different, im speaking of the actual callsigns they are using as they are talking. Someone here knows this info somewhere. John.

tbrady

Radio ID Feature

I posted a request on the Uniden Forum to possibly have this feature added with a firmware update . Tony

evan

Database Admin
Curfew said:
What is the "columbia center" ???? ie. "5678 is at the columbia center".
What frequency/talkgroup did you hear this on?

I have the list of most of the Richland Co. SD callsigns/unit identifiers used, and Lexington County Municipalities. Is this what you are looking for?

Curfew

Evan, Yes, the unit identifiers, not the talkgroups. I will send you a mail on the side. Thanks, Curfew.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
ok, so you do mean like Columbia Police dept for example calls there day units Charlie XXX and night Units Delta XXX

the 100 units are North Region
200 units are metro region
300 units are south region
400 units are west region

usually the lower the number the higher the rank

richland county sherrif dept uses
Richland 1xx - Reg 1 units
Richland 2xx - Reg 2 Units
Richland 3xx - Reg 3 Units
Richland 4xx - Reg 4 Units
Richland 5xx - Reg 5 Units
Richland 6xx - Reg 6 Units

Richland county Ems calls all there units Sierra 2XX
S275,S278, and S279 are supervisors

now i might be giving you the wrong info agian, but trying to assist. :)

Curfew

Caesar, yep, this is what im looking for. Have you heard any other unit ID's besides these above? Thanks, Curfew.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
i know the "how to scan the highway patrol has some info about how there call signs work, i remember they changed recently, fire dept doesn't work that way, and i can hear lex co sheriff dept, so there really isn't anyone else inmy area, sorry...

Curfew

What if lexington comes up on the system in the clear, what are those unit ID's?

How about Richland 1-6, what is the breakdown of those numbers? ie. are 100 units traffic, 200 units swat, 300 units patrols, 400 units supervisors, 500 units- helicopter ops, 600 units warrants ????

I think you understand what i mean. Thanks, Curfew??

evan

Database Admin
I've heard Lexington Co. SD use unit numbers from 100-900. I have no idea what they mean.

Caesar posted the unit numbers for Richland Co. SD earlier in the thread. To add a few:
799 Helicopter
8XX CAT Team

Curfew

Im wondering with breaking down a unit id, what section in a station a policeman or policewoman is working- narcotics, vice, traffic, patrols, etc.

I see the breakdown above as far as 100,200,300 and north, south, east, west relate to each other, but.... as example-

Lets say North 100 units are all vice units or only units 120-125 are full vice units and the rest other functions.

200 units are all traffic or units 200 thru 207 are all traffic and the others are basic patrols.

300 units are all patrols or unit 319-325 are SWAT members.

All 400 unit ID's may be for the narcotic enforcement purpose or parking meter enforcement.

500 units may be investigators using id's 500-510, and the id's 511-525 may be all the supervisors.

I think you can see now what im getting at, i realize they may change sometimes but generally the exact unit id will meltdown into their specific task at hand. John.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
for columbia police and richland sheriff, it doesn't break down any more than what i already listed. except to add cso for cpd are 600 units and school resource officers are 900 units...

i think 800 units for the county is narc and ocourse richland 1 is leon lott you will actually hear him on there a decent bit of the time, but that is it, within the 100,200, etc etc there is not futher break down other than the lower the number the higher the rank for that group, ie 100, 200, 300 and 400 for cpd are watch commands, 101/102/103/104 are main supv (sig1's) for north reg, etc etc with the others, but it doesn't always go that way either, sometimes 112 with be the suprv, b/c with cpd the call sign changes for the officer every day he works depending which region and which area within the region he is working....

Curfew

Thanks fellas, this is what i wanted a idea of with who's who. Curfew.

Status
Not open for further replies.