United States Air Force (157) Bandplan changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I noticed today that I was not picking up any transmissions from a military P25 system on my BCD536 today. I pulled out my Pro106 and it was picking it up fine. I go home and turn on my BCD436 and it’s working fine. So I go snooping around and discover that all the band plan info in the 536 is gone! I look in my 436 and it’s all there. When I go to Sentinal and look in the favorite list, it’s blank and when I search the full database, it’s blank.
When I manually typed in the band plan info, the 536 started working again! So what happened to all the band plan info.
BTW, the 436 was last updated Feb 17 and the 536 was updated 2 weeks ago. Not sure what’s going on, especially since band plan info is blank on the full database as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kma371

QRT
For P25 systems, the HP scanners gets the bandplan info from the control channel so there is no need to enter it manually. It you do enter it manually, it will be erased by the control channel band plan information.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Well all I know is the 436 had 1-9 and A-C filled out and it was receiving..the 536 was not until I entered the same info.

kma371

QRT
Well all I know is the 436 had 1-9 and A-C filled out and it was receiving..the 536 was not until I entered the same info.

What system are you trying to monitor, since you hadn't mentioned it.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
What system are you trying to monitor, since you hadn't mentioned it.

I was wondering the same thing. EFJ systems have been known to cause Unidens to sporadically lose the bandplan.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I’m monitoring the United States Air Force (157), Tinker AFB. I checked all the sites on this system in Sentinal and the bandplan info is blank, even in the USA database section! Luckily I still had it in my 436.

kma371

QRT
Are you downloading from the DB are doing it manually?

Again, since it's a P25 system, bandplan info is not required so it being blank is not unusual.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Are you downloading from the DB are doing it manually?

Again, since it's a P25 system, bandplan info is not required so it being blank is not unusual.

I have downloaded it but I did that long ago. This issue has happened sometime within the last two weeks.

And if it’s not required, then why does the 436 have it and work, but the 536 is blank and doesn’t work?

kma371

QRT
I have downloaded it but I did that long ago. This issue has happened sometime within the last two weeks.

And if it’s not required, then why does the 436 have it and work, but the 536 is blank and doesn’t work?

I'm not sure why it's in one not the other. I've never had to add a bandplan for any P25 system. I would try a redownload from Sentinal and see if that fixes the issue.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I'm not sure why it's in one not the other. I've never had to add a bandplan for any P25 system. I would try a redownload from Sentinal and see if that fixes the issue.
Could be like the one system in WV that the control channel quit sending the bandplan data. If that is the case you have to add it manually to hear the system.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber

I did that and it’s still blank. When I looked at the database itself, it was blank as well. Since I have updated my 536 more often than my 436, the corruption happened at some point AFTER my last 436 update.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Wow. I put in the info yesterday in Sentinal and just went and looked in it and it’s gone again so it something with the software. What The H, over?????

Last edited:

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
c378941e0c9c6a5d3cdcf391a5eb3698.jpg
d5ec78e40b0d0efb81e714d01225eb51.jpg
c0a43ffb1a21c0c179ecf8ef461efdb4.jpg

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
d22f135b48f0477e6908d3bcfa1f4eb4.jpg
...and after I reentered the bandplan AGAIN!!!!

I just went and looked at Altus AFB (USAF 3D6) in my 436 and it’s blank as well, so I don’t know what’s going on [emoji34][emoji35]

kma371

QRT
I say again. If you enter it manually, it will be cleared once it receives data from the CC. This is normal. I don't know how to say it any clearer without sounding like a jerk :)

dfw1193

Are you sure you selected the correct unit in sentinnel when reading or writing your favorites, maybe that had something to do with it.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I say again. If you enter it manually, it will be cleared once it receives data from the CC. This is normal. I don't know how to say it any clearer without sounding like a jerk :)

Just trying to understand the issue. So why was the bandplan in the 436 populated...and working and the 536 was blank... and not working? I’ve never entered that info, I just appended it from the full database.

Status
Not open for further replies.