United States Naval Academy Commissioning Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
BALTIMORE, Md. – The Coast Guard will establish a regulated area across the Severn River in order to create a safe boating experience for the maritime public during the United States Naval Academy Commissioning Week Blue Angels Air Show in Annapolis, between 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Tuesday May 25th and Wednesday May 26th.

The regulated area will include the Severn River from shoreline to shoreline bounded to the northwest by a line drawn along the U.S.-50 fixed highway bridge. The regulated area is bounded to the southeast by a line drawn from U.S. Naval Academy Light at latitude 38°58'39.5" N., longitude 076°28'49" W., thence southeast to a point 1,500 yards ESE of Chinks Point, MD at latitude 38°57'41" N., longitude 076°27'36" W., thence northeast to Greenbury Point at latitude 38°58'27.7" N., longitude 076°27'16.4" W. The effect will be to restrict vessel traffic on the Severn River and College Creek.

Within the regulated area, there will be a temporary access channel defined by floating markers for boaters to transit in and out of Annapolis Harbor. Additionally, the boundaries of the air show box and a commercial vessel spectator area will be delineated with floating markers. The temporary access channel will be established near Horn Point Light HP (LLNR 19745), to allow vessels to transit into and out of Annapolis Harbor during the event; vessels operating in this area will do so at their own discretion. This channel will be delineated by 8 red and 7 green unlit floating markers, which will be set on May 24, 2021 and removed immediately after the event on May 26, 2021. At no time will spectators be permitted to obstruct either the temporary access channel or the federal navigation channel outside the regulated area. A “Commercial Vessel Spectator Zone” is located immediately adjacent to the temporary access channel.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The Super Hornets have arrived in Annapolis. Currently screaming over my house. They are somewhat quieter than the old Hornets.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Lol, Annapolis Harbormaster boat was pursuing "hot" a scofflaw boater busting the safety zone...

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Show control apparently is in a bus type vehicle parked at the apex of the Naval Academy Bridge

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroups Active on Anne Arundel System:
11H AAPD Ops 1
21J Annapolis OEM
CERT-1 (Tac)
Mike - Fire/EMS Operations
21C Annapolis DPW/Harbor Office
21E Park Ops 3

ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
One of the pilots was worried about how much fuel he had left on the way back to Andrews today, they let him land first.

Last edited:

SkyPager

So I dusted off the PSR-500 yesterday so I could be used just for the USNA system. Not sure what has happened between the last time I used it +18 months ago and today; but no comms for the USNA 380 MHz system. I think possibly the trunking table is incorrect. Thoughts?

Attachments

• p500.JPG
    p500.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 11

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So I dusted off the PSR-500 yesterday so I could be used just for the USNA system. Not sure what has happened between the last time I used it +18 months ago and today; but no comms for the USNA 380 MHz system. I think possibly the trunking table is incorrect. Thoughts?

Your bandplan is missing the TDMA entry, but it should be ok. The cch are FDMA, and is currently 388.025. Traffic channels are also FDMA.

SkyPager

Your bandplan is missing the TDMA entry, but it should be ok. The cch are FDMA, and is currently 388.025. Traffic channels are also FDMA.
Thanks for the input. This is WIN500 from Don Starr. Aside from what is shown I don not see any TDMA or FDMA options. I think the issue has something to do with the trunking tables. I do remember receiving USNA with this radio in the past.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Just program the system as P25 Auto and the trunking tables will auto populate from the control channel. Here is a US Naval Academy file I just did for my Pro-197. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with Win500 and Upload to Scanner.

US Naval Academy
SCAN LISTS:
1. NSAA Police
2. USNA Security
3. USNA EmergOpsCtr
4. NavDistWash Fire

Attachments

• US Naval Academy.zip
    882 bytes · Views: 6

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
I've been looking for a good list of USNA frequencies. Is there a way to view the file as a list as opposed to uploading it into scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.