United Telephone of Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I programmed the Lebanon site of the system into my Pro-97. which at first
appears to be a SCAT site. I do not hear any control channel data on 855.3875.
Further examination of the license shows the FCC Service Code GO
which is conventional, not trunked. Has anyone tried to monitor this system lately?
If not, can some of you in these areas where the system has a site, program these in and see if they are still active?

Thanks,
Mark

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Mark,
855.3875 is singing right along from my post in SE Preble County. Unitrunker and Unitrunker Retro both are acting a little "flaky" with the control channel tho... not sure whats up with it this morning. Checking out the "paperwork" associated with the license... looks like they were sent a renewal reminder a day or so ago, since the license is subject to expire in March of next year.

Honestly, I've NEVER heard, nor seen, ANY activity on this system... and the conventional vs. trunked REALLY has me shaking my head!

Dave T.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I've never actively monitored the system. I can't say how much activity there would be on it. Probably the best time to monitor would be the spring storm season. I'm not sure how much of Warren County they cover, I know they don't cover the whole county. At one time back in the 80s Warren County was served by seven different phone companies.

The reason it caught my attention was the license showing it to be conventional, yet it is a trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.