UniTrunker 1.0.0.10 Shutting Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosP

I am using Unitrunker 1.0.0.10 with Windows 7 64bits but the program shuts down after a few seconds, sometimes minutes...Any idea? I am using a BCD396XT.

Thanks,

firepoint76

same here

I still have this problem with Vista home premium x64.
and on my windows 2000 machine..

VERY Frustrating. What virus scan are you using? I am using AVG Free.. Maybe this?

CarlosP

Hi,

Currently I have no antivirus for my Windows 7 64bits...

I don´t know what exactly you meant by "how do you use the program..."

I simply connect my BCD396XT to my computer with the cable. Set the Output CC open and start seeing the software functioning until.... suddenly it shuts down. Sometimes I am not even able to see anything but just by configuring my scanner in Unitrunker, the software just shuts down...

Please let me know the exact info you require. I will be more than happy to provided it!

Regards,

Carlos

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
Short Story: Move or delete "Unitrunker.xml" from its Folder and restart UT. Works for me. You may have to "Go back" to an earlier .xml#.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
I've tried deleting the xml file and have tried different settings within the app itself, but I'm also getting the problem where UniTrunker exits (no error messages, it just disappears) after seconds and (rarely) minutes. Also have a 396XT.

SCPD

QRT
If I'm reading these posts right ... that's 3 (maybe 4) confirmed cases of the program choking on a '396XT. Anyone with a 996XT also have this problem?

ericcarlson

Database Admin
I've seen this same problem using Win7 x64 with the BCD396XT. It seems to happen to me when I'm decoding a low quality signal... my guess is that Unitrunker is barfing on bad decodes but I don't know.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have Win7 Ultimate x64 on my home machine but the signal strength to do UT here is very low. I will try to get it to work some time this week and see what happens.

SCPD

QRT
For those of you with this problem, what type of system(s) were you monitoring when the program died?

CarlosP

I eliminated the Unitrunker.xml as you suggested but the problem persists...

I am trying to monitor Motorola typeII standard. The programs shuts down whenever I select from stopped to running in the scanner tab.

Carlos

ericcarlson

Database Admin
I was trying Motorola Type II sites with low signal and it happened repeatedly (Unitrunker quietly exited without saving).

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Eric (and Carlos and everyone else reporting this). I'll focus on the '396XT decoding. I have a 996XT, not the 396XT so I'll have to bug a few '396XT owners for testing.

AlexC

Database Admin
I can tell you I have had no problems running Unitrunker on x32 W7 with a PRO197.

I have a 396XT and can provide some testing in a x32 environment. I have not yet jumped to 64 at home.

-Alex

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I tried in Windows 7, but my signal is evidently too 'dirty' where I am - can't pick it up.

I can try with my mobile setup when I'm closer to the signal, but that's WinXP, not 7.

SCPD

QRT
I think it's a '396XT problem - not a 32/64 or 2K vs. XP vs. Vista/7 problem - so that would be great!

CarlosP

Hi,

You are probably right since, as said before, it also happened to me with Windows XP 32bits... (and Windows 7 64bits) in two different computers.

Regards,

Carlos

firepoint76

I have intermittent problems with vista home 64bit and a different machine running 2k. I monitor 2 systems 1) Motorola smart-zone (typeII) and 2) a P25 omnilink. Both 800mhz.

With the vista computer I use a USB cord and with the 2k computer I use the serial cable.

I use a new BCD996xt to decode

Very intermittent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.