Unitrunker 1.0.0.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the reports everyone - I'll check out these two issues (bandplan and LTR decoding).

BTW - Nick - what radio are you using for LTR?

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'm having an issue downloading the MA State Police system from the RR Database using this version. I'm a premium subscriber so that's not the issue. The same system downloads fine into Freescan. Another 900 MHz MOT system in my area downloaded fine into UniTrunker.

This is happening on multiple computers with the same system. I'm stumped. I'd report it as a database issue but I'm not sure that it is...nor am I sure that it's a UniTrunker issue. Rick, I don't know if you have the time to take a look at that particular system and see if you can notice anything that your program wouldn't like.

This hadn't been an issue prior to either this release or the one just prior to it. Sorry for the vague information, I did some searching for any similar issues and didn't find any or overlooked them.

Thanks.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I know I'm not Rick, but I have a few ideas:

- Type I talkgroups. That might have something to do with it. I've downloaded systems with them before but not in .10.
- There are some text fields with ? or & in them. Not sure how they are handled by UT. For a while some of those things were getting dropped (again, pre-.10).
- There are some text fields with nothing in them at all (i.e. tg 35792). Again, not sure that makes a big difference to UT.
- Have you tried checking out the files that UT uses when this download fails? If you look in the UT directory, besides the Unitrunker.xml file, you will see things like getTrsDetails.xml, etc., and if you open those in Notepad or some such, you might find where it's "crashing". I've been able to sort out a few things on my own setup that way.

EDIT: I just opened my own copy of UT .10, hit the + key in the system page, changed the system type to Motorola, the system ID to 0D14, and the SID to 736, and downloaded it. I had to close the screen where I created the new system from, and then 0D14 showed up in the normal sort order in my UT system list.

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Thanks Jay,

I found the problem and it was actually none of the above. It was a database "error". There was another system in MA with the same sysid (0d14) that really should be listed as part of the MA State Police system but isn't. I'll merge it over. When I tried to download 0d14 it was going to that system and not the one it should have been going to. I guess the difference with Freescan was that I was choosing it by name and not by sysid. Your suggestion gave me the final hint though as I looked at one of the .xml files and saw labels from that system, which were not listed at the MA State Police page. From there it was an easy fix.

Secure from General Quarters!

SCPD

QRT
I just wanted to comment that I am using a PSR500 and the program is working fine, except that I cannot for the life of me get Unitrunker to import my Etrunker data. I have read all the posts re this issues here at RR .. but I still cannot get it to do it.

Does any one have any suggestions ?

Running XP and PSR500 ... :evil:

SCPD

QRT
I just wanted to comment that I am using a PSR500 and the program is working fine, except that I cannot for the life of me get Unitrunker to import my Etrunker data. I have read all the posts re this issues here at RR .. but I still cannot get it to do it.
Sorry Kevin. I'll check this out.

Edit: here is a hack to get around this until I have this fixed. Rename the files so they look like Motorola Trunker files; import them as such and then edit the system type to the appropriate form of EDACS (wide or narrow).

Last edited:

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Another bug found:

When monitoring a trunking system, and the system shuts down (control channel gone, completely, the techs turned it off), Unitrunker erases all frequency/LCN/Bandplan data, and saves that erasure when closed, completely removing the info from its current save.

djbrane

Downloading issue

Using 1.0.0.10, I am having a downloading issue with Indiana SAFE-T system.
I let it run for quite some time now and clicked the download button. It populated everything about the site on all tabs except "call history". I have clicked the download button within the tab, but I am still not getting any "audience" or "source label" tags.
Interesting too, is that I have an icon labeled "gettrstalkgroups" in the Universaltrunker folder. Clicking on it, I see the aliases for several talkgroups in there along with much computer language. It just seems to not be populating into those two areas though.

SCPD

QRT
It populated everything about the site on all tabs except "call history". I have clicked the download button within the tab, but I am still not getting any "audience" or "source label" tags.
For talkgroups not listed in the database, you won't see a label - unless you type it in yourself. The source label is usually (but not always) a radio ID, not a talkgroup. Radio ID labels are not provided by the RR DB.

If the labels in the database are sparse, you may want to reach out to others in the regional forum to collaborate on identifying unknown talkgroups.

Interesting too, is that I have an icon labeled "gettrstalkgroups" in the Universaltrunker folder. Clicking on it, I see the aliases for several talkgroups in there along with much computer language. It just seems to not be populating into those two areas though.
The contents of that file are the results of the most recent download.

djbrane

For talkgroups not listed in the database, you won't see a label - unless you type it in yourself. The source label is usually (but not always) a radio ID, not a talkgroup. Radio ID labels are not provided by the RR DB.

If the labels in the database are sparse, you may want to reach out to others in the regional forum to collaborate on identifying unknown talkgroups.

The contents of that file are the results of the most recent download.

It is the Indiana SAFE-T System which the talkgroups are loaded up in the DB. All of the ID's showing up I know are in the DB. However the "audience" alpha tags for those ID's are not populating

SCPD

QRT
It is the Indiana SAFE-T System which the talkgroups are loaded up in the DB. All of the ID's showing up I know are in the DB. However the "audience" alpha tags for those ID's are not populating
Please confirm your software version. Can you post a screenshot of your Options tab plus another image of the site window's call activity tab illustrating the problem?

D

DaveNF2G

As an aside, perhaps users would not be as confused if the Unitrunker fields used more commonly understood nomenclature.

Audience = Talkgroup (TGID)
Source = Unit or Radio (UID or RID)

djbrane

Please confirm your software version. Can you post a screenshot of your Options tab plus another image of the site window's call activity tab illustrating the problem?

screenshots: I verified I have 1.0.0.10

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
ScanNEIN said:
screenshots: I verified I have 1.0.0.10
When an active group call appears - double click on the target ID.

Does another panel appear with the talkgroup ID? Does that talkgroup have a label?

Daven2fg said:
As an aside, perhaps users would not be as confused if the Unitrunker fields used more commonly understood nomenclature.
I hear you. The problem is that "source" is not always a radio ID and "target" is not always a talkgroup. I try to use consistent terminology throughout the program.

SCPD

QRT
Yes a box does appear and no, there is no tag or label
In the popup window, click the "home" button. The system window will appear. On the groups tab, you will see a list of talkgroups. Do any of those talkgroups have labels?

If NOT ...

Shut off decoding by setting your active receiver's run state to "stopped".

Click on the "Home" button of the system window. The main Unitrunker window will appear. Look for your system in the list of systems appearing on the Systems tab. Make sure you don't have any duplicate entries. If somehow you've gotten a duplicate - delete it. Note: I'm assuming this is not an Omnilink system.

If you do not have a duplicate system, go to the info tab of this system and click the RR download button. Answer the prompts for your RR user id and password so the program can pull the data from the RR database.

Re-start your decoding receiver.

Last edited:

djbrane

In the popup window, click the "home" button. The system window will appear. On the groups tab, you will see a list of talkgroups. Do any of those talkgroups have labels?

If NOT ...

Shut off decoding by setting your active receiver's run state to "stopped".

Click on the "Home" button of the system window. The main Unitrunker window will appear. Look for your system in the list of systems appearing on the Systems tab. Make sure you don't have any duplicate entries. If somehow you've gotten a duplicate - delete it. Note: I'm assuming this is not an Omnilink system.

If you do not have a duplicate system, go to the info tab of this system and click the RR download button. Answer the prompts for your RR user id and password so the program can pull the data from the RR database.

Re-start your decoding receiver.

As Scannerfreak says...it is an Omnilink system.

After much pain and fumbling around, I did as you instructed. Still nothing.

On the systems tab, it shows 2197 groups and as I said before, I have an icon labeled gettrstalk in my folder. That icon appears to have all the Talkgroup info from RR in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.