Unitrunker 1.0.0.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Improvements

Featured items in this release are Site Lock and inline decoding of EDACS and Motorola from the BC346XT, BCD396XT, and BCD996XT (P25 and LTR need testing).

Site Lock

Site Lock is a check box found in the Decode section of your receiver's settings. In the past, the program responded to control channel number change as if it was now monitoring a different system (and went through the motions of re-discovering the system). If you have a radio programmed to follow the control channel for an EDACS system - checking this option tells the program to not abandon the currently monitored system. Be careful with this option. While monitoring one EDACS system and tuning your radio to another EDACS system can contaminate your logged data. When searching for new control channels, be sure to turn this option off. This option has no effect on LTR, Motorola, MPT1327 or P25 decoding (but may be useful in the future for following multiple home channels).

BCD396/996XT decoding

This release tested with a BCD996XT for Motorola, EDACS and P25 decoding. It should work with the BC346XT and BCD396XT. XT model owners are encouraged to test this out. You will need to manually enable CC dump by pressing the radio's menu button and following the prompts. Set option to "On" or "Extended". For the '996XT select the appropriate port (front or back). Quick key to the system you want to monitor and hold on control channel.

LTR decoding should work but is - at the moment - untested. Note: Initial support is very basic. Eventually I'll get around to pulling the control channel frequency from the decoding radio. For EDACS and LTR, you must manually enter the frequency into the program.

New features

NEW: SiteLock option added for EDACS decoding.
NEW: Radio Shack PRO-107 added as a signal receiver - untested.
NEW: customize oscilloscope trace and background color.

Fixed Items

FIX: Inline decoding for the BC346XT, BCD396XT and BCD996XT.
FIX: Volume bug affecting these and similar models.
FIX: remember audio device by name not device number (can change for USB audio devices).
FIX: selecting audio device had no effect - wave mapper was always used.

Open Issues

Windows 9X
Park frequency taken as control channel frequency
Other numerous issues

download

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Just downloaded and am running it on the Memphis system to test - the frequencies on the motorola system did not automatically appear till i downloaded from RR is this correct?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hmm... the Site Lock feature doesn't seem to be working for me. I tuned to a local EDACS system and let things populate for a minute. Labeled the site, filled in the frequencies. Now if I remove the antenna from my radio and let it lose the control channel as soon as I re-attach it up pops a Limbo site. It doesn't return to the site I previously had active. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here? And yes, I do have the Site Lock option checked in my receiver setup.

bpsmicro

Once I figured out the right settings, I have Build 10 decoding a Motorola Type 2 system on a BC346XT alongside my normal sound-card device, monitoring two separate systems at once. Everything seems to be running smoothly at the moment, thanks.

Brad.

wvscanner

Database Admin
I seem to have a problem with 10. After about 15min. my scroll log quit's working. From there I can see current data nor can I move up to past data.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
My 396XT works as the signal receiver as well, though I'm too far away from the system I chose to get a consistently decent signal.

I too get Limbo systems even with Site Lock enabled.

Also, when downloading a system already in the UT DB, I am still finding that if you want to "accept all" or "reject all" when provided a list of changes, you have to select at least one line in the list of changes before you can use those buttons.

D

DaveNF2G

My 396XT also works as an Inline Signal receiver.

I have been unable to get it to work as a Voice receiver, using Inline, Both, or Remote.

When I change a receiver parameter, I must exit Unitrunker and restart it for the change to take effect.

This applies most annoyingly to starting and stopping receivers.

When I stop a running 396XT, the program actually goes unresponsive.

When I stop my running PSR-500, decoding stops, but if I exit the receiver list and then bring it up again, the PSR-500 status still shows Running. To stop the receiver and make it stay stopped, I have to exit and restart the program.

Starting the signal receiver fails to start the decoding process. I have to set that receiver to Running status, then exit and restart Unitrunker, whereupon decoding starts immediately.

I can only add one receiver at a time during a session. If I try to add more, the program shows all of them as selected (highlighted in blue) and any change I make to one sometimes appears in some or all of the rest. Again, exiting and restarting after adding each receiver prevents this.

Oh, yeah, the gory details:

Windows XP Pro SP2
Dell Inspiron Laptop
USB to both scanners (fully operational with BuTel and Starrsoft programs)

Nothing else that accesses serial/USB ports was running during these tests.

bonus1331

Rick,
Great to have UT working with the XT models.
Especially nice since last we heard; you didn't even have access to an XT!

SCPD

QRT
Hmm... the Site Lock feature doesn't seem to be working for me. Now if I remove the antenna from my radio and let it lose the control channel as soon as I re-attach it up pops a Limbo site. It doesn't return to the site I previously had active. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here? And yes, I do have the Site Lock option checked in my receiver setup.
Currently, site lock only prevents control channel rotation from throwing a dreaded "Limbo" system. Signal loss is also a trigger. Try un-checking the other protocols (eg. Motorola, MPT, P25, LTR).

SCPD

QRT
Also, when downloading a system already in the UT DB, I am still finding that if you want to "accept all" or "reject all" when provided a list of changes, you have to select at least one line in the list of changes before you can use those buttons.
Thanks for the reminder. Haven't fixed that one yet.

wvscanner said:
I seem to have a problem with 10. After about 15min. my scroll log quit's working. From there I can see current data nor can I move up to past data.
This is the site window, right? Try re-sizing the window. I'll look into what causes this.

WX4JCW said:
Just downloaded and am running it on the Memphis system to test - the frequencies on the motorola system did not automatically appear till I downloaded from RR. Is this correct?
Yes - there is a long-standing bug that the frequencies don't appear until the next time you run the program. Manually entering the control channel frequency will help.

SCPD

QRT
When I change a receiver parameter, I must exit Unitrunker and restart it for the change to take effect.
A quick reminder to everyone - when you exit the program with a running receiver - the program will set the receiver to running again when the program re-starts. While the receiver is running - changing operational settings (like port and baud rate) have no effect until you stop and re-start the receiver.

DaveNF2G said:
When I stop a running 396XT, the program actually goes unresponsive.
Not good. I'll try to duplicate your problem.

DaveN2FG said:
When I stop my running PSR-500, decoding stops, but if I exit the receiver list and then bring it up again, the PSR-500 status still shows Running. To stop the receiver and make it stay stopped, I have to exit and restart the program.
Odd. I haven't seen that with my PSR-500. Are you start/stop-ing the receiver from the Receivers' tab or from the pop-up receiver window?

DaveN2FG said:
Starting the signal receiver fails to start the decoding process. I have to set that receiver to Running status, then exit and restart Unitrunker, whereupon decoding starts immediately.
I think I see a pattern here. I'll wait for your answer to confirm.

DaveN2FG said:
I can only add one receiver at a time during a session. If I try to add more, the program shows all of them as selected (highlighted in blue) and any change I make to one sometimes appears in some or all of the rest. Again, exiting and restarting after adding each receiver prevents this.
There's a bug in the grid code related to multi-select. That's a work in progress.

SCPD

QRT
I forgot to mention - this release also fixes the bug that prevented it from working with any audio device but the default "wave mapper".

D

DaveNF2G

Odd. I haven't seen that with my PSR-500. Are you start/stop-ing the receiver from the Receivers' tab or from the pop-up receiver window?

This morning I started UT and the receiver list was the first thing displayed. I changed my PSR-500 from Stopped to Running and decoding started immediately.

I then used the Receivers tab to Stop the receiver, which worked fine this time. However, once the receiver was stopped, clicking the icon for Receivers only changed the color of the icon; the popup would not reappear. I could re-status the receiver via the main receiver list, though.

Slightly confusing behavior, but I can understand why it is so. I think some of yesterday's trouble was from trying too many things at the same time.

However, my 396XT still does not respond to tuning instructions from UT.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone try LTR systems?

I tried to use the latest version but no data would come up. I inputted the freqs manually (built up the site, etc.) but nothing was coming thru.

Motorola Type 2 works fine.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Bandplans do not display.

Bandplan is entered, but dissapears when the program is shut down and restarted. It is saved in the file, but will not be displayed, or apparently used on new LCN's as they appear.

If you look at that empty bandplan entry page, and enter it again, the archive file aquires multiple bandplan entries, none of which ever show on the bandplan page when the program has been shut down and restarted.

wvscanner

Database Admin
Bandplans do not display.

Bandplan is entered, but dissapears when the program is shut down and restarted. It is saved in the file, but will not be displayed, or apparently used on new LCN's as they appear.

If you look at that empty bandplan entry page, and enter it again, the archive file aquires multiple bandplan entries, none of which ever show on the bandplan page when the program has been shut down and restarted.

I know that if I come across a new site it will display the bandplan but as mention once closed and started back since the system is already in my file it will not display that system bandplan for me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.